• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Publix Recipes

New posts
MKH said:
I believe I saw that in the Produce section at Kroger here. Do you have Kroger stores near you?

We have it in our Kroger store here. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will!
 
Mermaid said:
DD, when we were visiting gotothebeachmom & dad at their Georgia house, they had this really cool food product from Publix that I'd never seen before--basil in a squirt tube like the kind toothpaste comes in. Maybe it's an ordinary thing for Southern groceries (they couldn't believe I was impressed :eek: ) but I wish we had the same here in the Midwest. I love using basil in my summer cooking but you have to use it fresh or it goes bad. That basil in a tube was the best!

I want this stuff too! Captain G was trying to figure out how to keep them refrigerated and get them back to Haiti. Of course, I could have left him in Publix for 3 hours- after not being in an American grocery store forever, he was having a blast looking at everything, like a little kid. I had to keep dragging him along. It's funny what we take for granted- like grocery stores without slaughtered half rotted chickens hanging outside and produce that does not have to be soaked in Clorox.
 
Mermaid said:
DD, when we were visiting gotothebeachmom & dad at their Georgia house, they had this really cool food product from Publix that I'd never seen before--basil in a squirt tube like the kind toothpaste comes in. Maybe it's an ordinary thing for Southern groceries (they couldn't believe I was impressed :eek: ) but I wish we had the same here in the Midwest. I love using basil in my summer cooking but you have to use it fresh or it goes bad. That basil in a tube was the best!
I have a publix here in Columbia...they also carry cilantro, parsley and ginger in a tube....:rolling: It just needs to stay refrigerated.
 
destindreamin said:
Why thanks, she's a sweetie! I bookmarked it too. Will have to try some of the recipes..
Look what else I found. It's never a good thing when I look for food



products/recipes:eek:
app_pecanpie.jpg
sounds lethal!!!
 
Allifunn said:
sounds lethal!!!

they say you can make a "cream pie" with it--just glanced at the recipe-cream cheese and this stuff.:eek: I've GOT to stop looking at food on the internet!!
 
Allifunn said:
I have a publix here in Columbia...they also carry cilantro, parsley and ginger in a tube....:rolling: It just needs to stay refrigerated.

I've been making so much black bean salsa lately that I bought the cilantro in a tube here in Chicago. SO much easier than chopping it up fresh (and my kids don't complain about the noise!) You think I would invest in a food processor but sometimes chopping things up with a big knife is very therapeutic - LOL!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top