• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Rental management software

New posts

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Can anyone recommend software for managing expenses of rental property, which might make the work around tax time easier? Also interested in the cost and whether it is really much of a time saver. Thanks
 
I don't have any software that I can recommend - but I have set up files in Excel and I keep track of all income and expenses through that. If you know Excel it isn't hard at all to do. One thing I know - expenses always are higher than income. :rolling:
 
I'm a little hesitant to post this, but...

I have some stuff I wrote myself (in Java) which manages properties, reservations, owners, income, expenses, etc.

It is not at a retail-level of quality yet, although I do plan on marketing it someday.

It is still kind of slow, and a little clumsy at times, but it works.

It requires the JVM (Java Virtual Machine--free from Sun's website) and a relational database (Access works and most people have it...MySql is free and SQLServer is inexpensive).

If I could ever find the time I'd like to do some serious work on it--make it more user friendly, speed it up (it's mostly only slow when networked...it runs okay on a single machine), clean up a couple of things I would have designed differently in hindsight, and maybe web-enable it, but I've got too many other things on my plate right now.

Would you want to try it out? It's really intended more for reservation management than expenses, but there is expense management functionality built in as well. I could use the feedback as to what works and what doesn't, although I have to warn you I probably won't be able turn around changes quickly. And I would need a non-disclosure from you in which you'd promise not to market it yourself or try to reverse engineer it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top