• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Restaurant Recommendation

New posts

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
We are trying to figure out where to go for dinner. We would like to try something new and keep it around $15/pp. We need a good variety as there are a bunch of us and some are picky.

What would you suggest?
 
Seagrove Market cafe has good seafood choice, good burger, a good ribeye as well. Flip Flops has really good burgers, dogs and I hear their seafood sammies are good. House of Klaus has really good food-great pastrami sandwhich. Red Bar has a small menu but good variety. We had pretty good food at Shades as well.
 
We are trying to figure out where to go for dinner. We would like to try something new and keep it around $15/pp. We need a good variety as there are a bunch of us and some are picky.

What would you suggest?

I know its a bit late for today, but with your budget in mind I would recommend one of the many restaurants that offer a buy one, get one free entree for early birds usually between 5-6. That would allow you to maximize your money for a higher end meal than 15 dollars would normally get you. :D I am pretty sure at least Old Floria Fish House and Cafe 30a offer this deal...I think I have seen it at Destin Chops as well...Call around! :wave:
 
$15 per person budget means you should just stick to lunch at restaurants and go to our local fish markets to buy fish and cook at home. That budget will not get you much around here for dinner. Do not forget to to tip 20% on the bill. (If the service is great.)
 
Ballyhoo has a great variety of flame broiled burgers. They are delicious! We also have homemade chili, fish or shrimp tacos, fried shrimp, etc. Our meals are well under $15 for lunch and dinner and we usually have some type of entertainment going on.
 
I know funds are tight but if you are vacationing here and haven't had a chance to dine at some of our most popular places then I would encourage you to splurge a little.

The most obvious recommendation is The Red Bar. The food there is consistently great and the experience has become ubiquitous with 30A.

A great place especially of there are any kiddies in your party is Elmo's on the west end of 30A. They have lots of affordable fish options and the best all you can eat crablegs I've ever had.

And don't forget about the ways to eat at wonderful places on the cheap. For instance, Basmati is a great little Asian place that does daily half price sushi and apps during late afternoon.

Finally, to reiterate but also sweeten what an earlier poster suggested-

Most of the seafood markets will steam shrimp for you. Goatfeathers biggest fresh shrimp is 13.99 a pound. On your budget you can have a shrimp boil anywhere you want- even out on the beach. Since I discovered this I've pretty much stopped eating shrimp at restaurants because it is rarely as good and never as cheap.

Have fun!
 
We are trying to figure out where to go for dinner. We would like to try something new and keep it around $15/pp. We need a good variety as there are a bunch of us and some are picky.

What would you suggest?

I may be late to the party here, but you may want to try Gravel Road. We spend winters on 30A and found GR to be not only a place for great food and service, but very reasonably priced as well.:clap:
 
We are trying to figure out where to go for dinner. We would like to try something new and keep it around $15/pp. We need a good variety as there are a bunch of us and some are picky.

What would you suggest?

Have you ever used restaurant.com?
It is really easy and can save you up to 40%!
You can get a $25 gift certificate for $10 or a $10 gc for $4.
There are a lot of 30a restaurants listed.
 
I may be late to the party here, but you may want to try Gravel Road. We spend winters on 30A and found GR to be not only a place for great food and service, but very reasonably priced as well.:clap:

ditto! Don't even think about skipping dessert.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top