• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sandestin

New posts

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Can anyone tell me anything about the Sandestin facilites. My family goes to Grayton several times a year and I love it. But my honey tells me he has a gift certificate for a seral night stay at Sandestin. Can anyone tell me anything about that facility? Looking at their web site it looks to me as if the bayside would be more accessible; I am in a wheelchair and the steps to the beach look to me as if the beach side would not be workable. My baby is not a golfer so we would be looking for senic, handicap do-able and relaxing..thanks for any info...
 
I know I was there last year and we stayed in Beach side II and I saw someone going to the beach in one of those dune buggy type wheel chairs. Looks like it might have been tough but I wondered if Sandestin offered the wheelchair for the beach... you might want to check.. A bus known as a "trolley" picks you up and will take you anywhere including the bayside area for free anytime. I would call and see about wheelchair capabilities.. but the bay side is much more senic and the shopping area is all one level and the restaurants are really good. So maybe the bayside would be the best. Not a big golfer either but had PLENTY on things to do. Expecially if you have kids. I really love this area when I was there on a business trip.. I took the family and we had a blast, movies on the lawn (bayside) live music, shopping, you never reall have to leave.. good luck!!!
 
I love their spa and the village would be fun as an alternative to beach or golf - outdoor movies, live music etc.

Definitely call them and find out about the true accessibility of things. Unfortunately I think most of Sowal is not as accessible as it should be.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top