• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shuttle launch

New posts
Haha, there were no chemical additives involved and I know what I saw. I was kind of surprised to wake up to the fact that the shuttle didn't launch. I'll enjoy my moment despite all the negative people.


i hope you didn't take my post as negative, mr. new leaf. :biggrin: i was just really confused. There are probably many amazing things in the sky from the beach at midnight anyway. shuttle launch or not. :wave:
 
i hope you didn't take my post as negative, mr. new leaf. :biggrin: i was just really confused. There are probably many amazing things in the sky from the beach at midnight anyway. shuttle launch or not. :wave:

I should have added a green smiley at the end of my post. ;-)
 
can you really even see the shuttle launch from here? i use to watch them when i lived in neptune beach but can not image you can see them from here. amazing.

From what I understand it appears as a fast moving star. Apparently it's never been a big deal here since we've always had cloud cover that blocked it.
 
Haha, there were no chemical additives involved and I know what I saw. I was kind of surprised to wake up to the fact that the shuttle didn't launch. I'll enjoy my moment despite all the negative people.

Ignore all the naysayers SWGB !! Being subjected to ridicule because you can see into the future is a small price to pay for the Gift
 
Yep, it was really cool. Kind of like a fast moving star. The trick is to not look at the horizon since it's still pretty much moving straight up and down so you generally won't see anything. At first I thought it was a shooting star (some of those out too) but it kept going. It was the brightest point in the sky and slowly faded. It finally just blinked out like someone turned off a light switch.

The other cool thing I got to see while waiting was satellite flashes. Basically you find a satellite in the night sky and watch. Occasionally they'll flash with a sort of halo around them. Apparently it's from the panels on them reflecting sun and star light.


I love the detailed description of the non-launch...sorry but that was funny..I hope that you get to see it though!
 
...nah, it wasn't scrubbed. I saw it! It had bright lights and made a humming sound, and it was big and fast, and I got a photo of it, and, oh wait, that was my thumb...sorry...:idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top