• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shuttle launch

New posts
Shuttle or not, you'd be amazed at what the test wing at Eglin, Hurlburt and Tyndall can entertain you with. I am told that most of the time, there is no telling what they are playing with, all around us.

They HAD to tell us about the MOAB, because there was no missing that. But didja know the Stealth was responsible for a bunch of UFO reports before it was unofficially unveiled?

No, we planned to watch the shuttle by turning on the NASA channel (213 on DishNetwork), waiting until it launched and then running outside. We fell asleep...at least it wasn't like the shuttle launch in July, when I was in Orlando and got my east/west mixed up. I am anxiously peering out my hotel window, the thing blasts off on TV, and then I notice people on a balcony of a hotel across the street facing the opposite direction I am, pointing into the sky and clapping. I stood for 15 minutes looking out of a west-fa hotel window...:roll:
 
The MOAB hubub was pure PR for the sake of interests in the Middle East who might want to start something. The actual detonation was enough in the interior of the reservation that it ended up being no louder than the usual things that get blown up in these parts. It was funny how CNN was wandering around in these parts over the test trying to get someone to admit to it being an impressive-sounding test but the locals they found were all 'yep, sounds like an ordinary Tuesday'

I am curious if anyone ever had the automatic garage door problems they were worried about when they were doing some radio frequency testing on base a while back.
 
Did they do it last night?

Of course, right now I'm afraid to go outside...dam idiot on the loose :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top