• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Signs Signs everywhere the Signs

New posts

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
For those candidates who lost in the recent low turnout elections, I will be begin picking up signs for my candidates today. I will begin picking up all of the other candidates who will not be moving on after the 30th of August. If you want your signs and frames back you can contact me here and we can arrange to meet. This is a free service. If I am not contacted I will get the signs and frames recycled.
:D
 
Last edited:
So you offer a free sign pickup service and you recycle them? That is excellent and I hope all candidates take advantage of it if they are not collecting their own signs. I also hope you make a profit and can continue to offer the service. You might even get some volunteers to help collect some of them, in addition to the candidates and their helpers. A dropoff location in SoWal would be convenient and might add to your haul. Maybe the annex or sheriff substation?

Do you scour the county looking for signs or do you have set areas? Can you tell us a bit more about the recycling process and the end result?
 
Mr Magee advised in a post of a place. I will have to look it up. As for it being free I have other motives. I belong to an organiztion who endorses candidates. The metal frames can be expensive and that may be one less cost my candidate would have to incur. So when I said I would recycle I meant for the next election cycle and I intend to have signs the candidates don't want recycled.
 
Found it - I was mixing you up.

Please Pass This Information on to All Candidates

Attention all candidates, after the Primary on Tuesday many of you will be responsible for picking up your political signs. If you do not plan on re-using your signs in future elections, Gulf Stream Plastics, Inc. (GPS) located in Magee Industrial Park, 9646 Highway 20 West Freeport, Florida (12 miles west of Freeport 8 miles east of the Mid-Bay Bridge) will collect all signs and ensure that they are recycled properly.

The last thing that we would like to see happen is to have these political signs end up in our landfill. There is no charge for this service.

For any additional information, please call our office between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
850-835-6822.

Many thanks for your concern of the environment and being good stewards of the land.

John J. Magee
President/CEO
Gulf Stream Plastics Inc.

P.S. Yes, I am up for Re-election for the South Walton Mosquito Control Seat 1, November 4th

“M” is for “Mosquito” “M” is for “Magee”
 
Just to keep ya'll updated. Today South Walton Professional Fire Fighters bagan our sign pick ups. Although we did not get all of the Cooper/ Braunstein signs we have made a large dent. From 393 west to the county line and most of 30a west of 393 have been picked up. Other members have started from 393 east on 98 and 30A. I personally picked 180 signs both large and small. We will continue until we have them all. If by chance, mostly because I seem to get color blind as time goes on, and I miss them, please post location here and I will do my best to get it as soon as possible. :blink:
 
Last edited:
So you offer a free sign pickup service and you recycle them? That is excellent and I hope all candidates take advantage of it if they are not collecting their own signs. I also hope you make a profit and can continue to offer the service. You might even get some volunteers to help collect some of them, in addition to the candidates and their helpers. A dropoff location in SoWal would be convenient and might add to your haul. Maybe the annex or sheriff substation?

Do you scour the county looking for signs or do you have set areas? Can you tell us a bit more about the recycling process and the end result?

Kurt, I will also be picking up our candidates signs in Freeport as I finish in the South End. The nice thing about those up here in the North, someone alredy did my job, for so many disappeared before the election. If those happen to reappear I will take them no questions asked, but alas they are more than likely in some landfill or barrow pit somewhere in a 3 county area.:bang:
 
Kurt, I will also be picking up our candidates signs in Freeport as I finish in the South End. The nice thing about those up here in the North, someone alredy did my job, for so many disappeared before the election. If those happen to reappear I will take them no questions asked, but alas they are more than likely in some landfill or barrow pit somewhere in a 3 county area.:bang:


Check at the DOT yard in Ponce de Leon. Many probably will not be retrieved so you could get lots of stands.
 
signs

I am sure Trisha Porter Hutchison would be glad if you would pick hers up. Mon. night they put them at most of the polling places and most of them were gone by Tues. morning, but, if you find them please do pick them up. It will be much appreciated.:D
 
I am sure Trisha Porter Hutchison would be glad if you would pick hers up. Mon. night they put them at most of the polling places and most of them were gone by Tues. morning, but, if you find them please do pick them up. It will be much appreciated.:D

I'll work on it.
Thanks
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top