• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

South Walton Fire District June Activity Report

New posts

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
SWFD June Report

Happy Monday, SoWal! Here’s a recap of our call volume and activity in June 2025... A quick snapshot at our preliminary numbers includes:

◾️985 total responses
◾️16 fire-related responses
◾️619 medical responses
◾️11 water rescues
◾️210 beach medical responses
◾️40 public assists
◾️163 short-term rental inspections
◾️210 commercial inspections
◾️2,808 total calls processed in Dispatch

Last month we had several significant fire responses, and also reached a historic milestone with the opening of our 18th lifeguard tower in WaterSound Beach.

Our Miramar Beach Fire Station construction project is well on the way toward completion later this summer- you may have seen this news shared in a previous post (video linked in comments below).

How do these numbers compare to last year? We are tracking an increase of approximately 240 total calls so far in 2025 compared to 2024 at this point. We look forward to releasing additional images and videos from our call volume so far in the first half of 2025, please stay tuned for more to come.

We appreciate your support, thanks for everything you do for us!

FB_IMG_1751989300663.jpg


FB_IMG_1751989308369.jpg
 
I know from personal experience that these numbers are a testament to a group of dedicated people who save human life on a daily basis. I know because they saved my life. Back in April I had a window maker heart attack. Within minutes they responded to our 911 call. Within a few more minutes they were performing what seems like a miracle after reading the report of the incident. When they arrived I told them "I don't think I am going to make it". I remember they told me "just do your part and keep breathing and we will do our part to keep you alive". My heart stopped 3 times on the way to the hospital at Sacred Heart SRB. Three times they brought me back to life. This just does not happen. Only about 10% survive this type of heart attack outside a hospital. They were so determined and so well trained. There was no miracle. Just exceptional people doing what exceptional people do! I call them Heroes!!!
 
I know from personal experience that these numbers are a testament to a group of dedicated people who save human life on a daily basis. I know because they saved my life. Back in April I had a window maker heart attack. Within minutes they responded to our 911 call. Within a few more minutes they were performing what seems like a miracle after reading the report of the incident. When they arrived I told them "I don't think I am going to make it". I remember they told me "just do your part and keep breathing and we will do our part to keep you alive". My heart stopped 3 times on the way to the hospital at Sacred Heart SRB. Three times they brought me back to life. This just does not happen. Only about 10% survive this type of heart attack outside a hospital. They were so determined and so well trained. There was no miracle. Just exceptional people doing what exceptional people do! I call them Heroes!!!
Wow so glad you are still here. A walking example of their success.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top