• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Stones at GT

New posts

Beach Runner

beats on hood
We haven't missed a Stones concert since we moved back to GA in 1980.

I know, it's only rock and roll, but I like it, like it, yes I do.
 

Attachments

  • stonesSmall.jpg
    stonesSmall.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 161
BR, to be totally transparent, I was looking at buying tickets....way overpriced. ..to see Buffet at the San Marco Theater tomorrow in Key West:))
We were in NOLA for spring break and saw a huge bus at Jackson Square. We went to the bus and asked who is Jimmy Buffet. He was in the back of the bus and invited us in. He said that he was Jimmy Buffett, not Buffet. We got a tour of the bus. We had no idea how awesome that was at the time. Hubby and I have had some great times together. This was awesome because we were with our best friends from SC.
 
We were in NOLA for spring break and saw a huge bus at Jackson Square. We went to the bus and asked who is Jimmy Buffet. He was in the back of the bus and invited us in. He said that he was Jimmy Buffett, not Buffet. We got a tour of the bus. We had no idea how awesome that was at the time. Hubby and I have had some great times together. This was awesome because we were with our best friends from SC.

Similar story. 1994 I think, we were walking by the French Market, Margaritaville was opening and at the time i was working for CBS and my card had the Blackrock NYC address...it looked OFFICIAL. We were with a group of friends and to be a wise ass I told the doorman I was there to cover the opening for CBS. He only let my Wife and I in, gave us a two top on the very front and we saw a private show with 100 of Jimmy's personal friends and watched him, the Neville Bros. Joni Mitchell and Dr. John until 3am. Very, very cool.
 
Similar story. 1994 I think, we were walking by the French Market, Margaritaville was opening and at the time i was working for CBS and my card had the Blackrock NYC address...it looked OFFICIAL. We were with a group of friends and to be a wise ass I told the doorman I was there to cover the opening for CBS. He only let my Wife and I in, gave us a two top on the very front and we saw a private show with 100 of Jimmy's personal friends and watched him, the Neville Bros. Joni Mitchell and Dr. John until 3am. Very, very cool.
Somehow I missed your reply. What you experienced is very, very cool!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top