• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sushi PLEEEZZZEEE

New posts
aquaticbiology said:
dang long drive between the islands! :razz:

been there done that, didn't really like their sushi too much either - too westernized

best sushi I ever had out was at (including blanched shrimp stuffed with tilefish! yummy!) - 'super no 1 china buffet' in scottsboro alabama (on sunday afternoon)

even better:

go to the fish market and get some really nice fish

pick up some rice and ground carrots and whatever seaweed wrapper you like at the grocery store (in the veggie section)

clean and very thinly slice the fish then julienne the slices, cook up the rice and leave it sticky, and dice up a carrot, I like to zap the carrots very slightly in the microwave to remove the bitterness but some don't, assemble on a freezer-chilled plate and serve ice cold with 2 bottles per person of hot draft sake (something else you can't get out)

heaven!
Best advice i have seen in a long while - thanks!
 
John R said:
nick and his co-worker at 331 are turning out some stellar product. limited fish types, but as fresh as you can get, and inventive in presentation.


jr

I agree. It really is the best sushi in sowal. I have also had good luck at Harbor Docks in Destin, the yellowtail tuna sashimi is awesome!
 
We eat at Osaka a lot, and have always enjoyed it. So assuming the new place has the same high standards, it's probably worth a try.
 
twt512 said:
I agree. It really is the best sushi in sowal. I have also had good luck at Harbor Docks in Destin, the yellowtail tuna sashimi is awesome!

I wanted to try the sushi when we were there in October. I will have to try it next trip. I had the blackened fish I believe it was seabass on steamed spinach instead, yummy!!!!
 
Yeah, that is my question? If so, I know where my dinner is for the next however-long-they-are-running-it period. I am having dinner with Nick (Sushi Chef). :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top