• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Here is the truth folks:

There was a deal made between our local blue mountain beach front owner Huckabee with the Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

Even the person that confided that information to me called it "dirty politics"

So we are the only ones in Florida stuck with this law and a have to prove customary use - in the meantime we have to stay on the wet sand on non-public beaches.

Huckabbe - you are a trader to your faith - to the people of Walton County - to the visitors that spend a lot of money to come to the beach - and the business owners who will suffer when this law impacts tourism and sales.

To further make the point that this was aimed at Walton County, here is a link showing where Flagler County's BCC passed their own customary use ordinance at their June 18th meeting, ahead of the July 1 deadline. The article even states that HB631 was passed "to address an issue in Walton County". Flagler County Passes Precedent-Setting Ordinance Protecting Public Use of Private Beaches, But Its Future Is Uncertain | FlaglerLive

This needs Florida noonday SUNSHINE.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Here is the truth folks:

There was a deal made between our local blue mountain beach front owner Huckabee with the Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

Even the person that confided that information to me called it "dirty politics"

So we are the only ones in Florida stuck with this law and a have to prove customary use - in the meantime we have to stay on the wet sand on non-public beaches.

Huckabbe - you are a trader to your faith - to the people of Walton County - to the visitors that spend a lot of money to come to the beach - and the business owners who will suffer when this law impacts tourism and sales.

Walton is not the only county "stuck with this law". It apples to every county in the state save the two explicitly exempts specified in that law.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Contrast the Huckster with Emeril Lagasse, another famous outsider. Emeril moved here and immediately started giving to the community, donating, headlining fundraisers, etc. and hung out for a few years before starting a business and creating jobs.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I have a quote for Mr. Huckabee -(ie Fact or Fiction)

Luke 12:2

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known."

Teresa - don't judge the one who died for our all of our sins by men such as these.

The truth always comes to the light.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Welcome to South Walton! 30Ahole is a good term for him and others who threaten and excluse.

One of the things that struck me about this video is that the Mr. V. is on the beach himself, in a very confrontational manner with what appears to be 2 gentlemen (their language is "out there", and I understand why) and Mr. V. is in their faces with an apparent weapon in his hand yet, when Mr. Uhlfelder was down on the beach he stayed in the safety zone of his home.

Wow! What a difference in attitude!

One has a "daddy" with political connections in Tallahassee and happens to be an attorney and the other (what appears to be a from the audio) a Spanish or Mexican individual just trying to enjoy the beach, who wasn't making a political statement.

Perhaps the WCSO should be instructing Mr. V. to stay in his home and stop confronting individuals and let the police handle it.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
......Perhaps the WCSO should be instructing Mr. V. to stay in his home and stop confronting individuals and let the police handle it.

Excellent suggestion.

BTW, I hope we all can keep the topics of “religion and abortion” out of our interactions on the customary use issue. It only adds fuel to a roaring fire.

One more thing...in my opinion, these videos that we see from people at Vizcaya (not talking about Uhlfelder) exist not because the “harrased” are your typical innocent beach tourist, but are those who know the situation there and want flame the fans of controversy and get their 5 minutes of fame on YouTube.

Last edited: