• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Theft in the area

New posts
We never recovered the gas cards in a Hartman leather credit card holder or hubby's new Maui Jim sunglasses that were stolen out of our SUV in May.:pissed:

The weird thing is that no one used the stolen cards.:idontno:
 
It isn't all bad around here!

Two weekends ago I was going to work and stopped at the Chevron on HWY 98 (at the corner of 393? The one with the cafe'). I was wearing scrubs. A lady who worked there came and asked me if I knew who a certain doctor was who worked at the hospital. I had never heard of them. Looong story short, this lady had found a checkbook at the pumps and had been holding on to it until somebody she knew worked at the hospital could pick it up. She was confused about the owner of the checkbook;it was actually owned by a lady in Alabama, but no matter. She gave ME the checkbook. I called the number printed on the checks on Monday and indeed, the family had just returned from a week down here and mom lost her checkbook. I mailed it back to her and noted not a single check missing from the book. My hat is off to the good folks at that Chevron station!:clap:
 
It isn't all bad around here!

Two weekends ago I was going to work and stopped at the Chevron on HWY 98 (at the corner of 393? The one with the cafe'). I was wearing scrubs. A lady who worked there came and asked me if I knew who a certain doctor was who worked at the hospital. I had never heard of them. Looong story short, this lady had found a checkbook at the pumps and had been holding on to it until somebody she knew worked at the hospital could pick it up. She was confused about the owner of the checkbook;it was actually owned by a lady in Alabama, but no matter. She gave ME the checkbook. I called the number printed on the checks on Monday and indeed, the family had just returned from a week down here and mom lost her checkbook. I mailed it back to her and noted not a single check missing from the book. My hat is off to the good folks at that Chevron station!:clap:

:clap:most of the time we never hear the good stories tho, do we ? it's usually just the bad
 
There is a thief in a White Chevy pick up with a trailer with a 4 wheeler on it ripping stuff off in Point Washington so be on the lookout.:bang:
 
It isn't all bad around here!

Two weekends ago I was going to work and stopped at the Chevron on HWY 98 (at the corner of 393? The one with the cafe'). I was wearing scrubs. A lady who worked there came and asked me if I knew who a certain doctor was who worked at the hospital. I had never heard of them. Looong story short, this lady had found a checkbook at the pumps and had been holding on to it until somebody she knew worked at the hospital could pick it up. She was confused about the owner of the checkbook;it was actually owned by a lady in Alabama, but no matter. She gave ME the checkbook. I called the number printed on the checks on Monday and indeed, the family had just returned from a week down here and mom lost her checkbook. I mailed it back to her and noted not a single check missing from the book. My hat is off to the good folks at that Chevron station!:clap:

and kudos to the good doc!!! :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top