• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

This Is What Makes SGG Happy....:)

New posts
The best relationships and marriages are between two people who really don't need each other to begin with (mentally, emotionally, financially)--they're drawn together because the other person is a great friend, makes them laugh and offers them a new view on life that they've never seen before. And because they are each self-sufficient in their own right, they only stay together because they want to be there. Starting out like this forms a strong foundation on which to build a relationship that can withstand almost anything life throws their way or if ever there should be a time when one needs to lean on the other.
 
Last edited:
Words told to me by both my parents. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! Somethings in a persons life have to learned. I have seen both the good and bad in my relationships. In the Bad one I was never really happy from the start! In the GOOD one I smiled alot more and felt like I was floating on a cloud. I hope one day to find the kind of love and commitment that my parent had. My Dad passed on last year, my Mom has never taken off her wedding ring. Everyday she wakes up with him on her mind. She told me out of the blue one day. "I was married to you father for 34 years and I am still married to him".
When she said this she was smiling and crying at the same time. If that is not LOVE I don't know what is. They made each other truly happy and complete.
 
If you want a stallion, don't go looking in the donkey corral!

I am certainly not saying there aren't some great guys out there, but they just aren't as entertaining to talk about on a Sowal thread! Disasters and craziness are much funnier (and more prevalent)! :biggrin:

Definitely a 2 way street too - what women want, think they want, and what they really need are all very different things - and I will admit there are some truly psycho biatches out there! :blink:
 
Shelly--good words, as always!

There is actually a book called Dating for Dummies. (Yes, I own it. I got it for a dollar when I was buying textbooks.) It has a lot of good stuff in it, including reasons to date and reasons to not date, such as neediness, immaturity, woundedness, etc.

I hope one day to find the kind of love and commitment that my parent had. My Dad passed on last year, my Mom has never taken off her wedding ring. Everyday she wakes up with him on her mind. She told me out of the blue one day. "I was married to you father for 34 years and I am still married to him".
When she said this she was smiling and crying at the same time. If that is not LOVE I don't know what is. They made each other truly happy and complete.

:wub: That's a wonderful story--thank you for sharing it!

I am certainly not saying there aren't some great guys out there, but they just aren't as entertaining to talk about on a Sowal thread! Disasters and craziness are much funnier (and more prevalent)! :biggrin:

Definitely a 2 way street too - what women want, think they want, and what they really need are all very different things - and I will admit there are some truly psycho biatches out there! :blink:

Holy cow. I had an awful situation with a student this year. He's a senior, and we have made special arrangements for him to take a class that he needs at a local college. He drives himself off campus one night a week for it. I found out from a bunch of the students that a girl with a terrible reputation was claiming, "He's MINE! Hands off!" the first week. The next week they told me that she was bragging that they had done some dirty deeds after class. Right after that I got a message from his professor (a friend of mine) that she caught them in his truck, and she was searching for his tonsils with her tongue.

Long story short--I had to sit him down with the principal and the commandant and have a little talk about bad girls. We had to explain to him that there are predatory girls out there who pass around diseases and accuse sweet boys of rape. Not exactly the lesson I wanted him to learn in his first college experience.

It is more fun to man-bash, but I would so much rather build up the good ones...:cool:
 
Amen...it's not an easy world out there, even for those of us that have years of experience. Give them a foundation to work with, you may get hurt, but at least you will have your reputation in tact. Okay, maybe.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top