• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Trip report continued

New posts

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
We had a grayt week weather wise, we were only chased off the beach once. A storm rolled in Thursday and we watched it instead of heading for high ground. The wind picked up a couple of tents and sent them like tumbleweeds down the beach. We did the obligatory tourist thing and took the kids to Alvin's to hold the aligators. They got a big kick out of that. We also took them on Tuesday on the Pirate Cruise. That was really fun. The captain had those 60 or so kids so enthralled that we could not believe it. It was fon though to watch them act like pirates and yell ARGH!!!! I was up and out of the house every morning by 0515 for my walk. I walked from Sandy Shores Court down to the old pier at Inlet Beach. I was very surprised to see that the old shack was gone and there was no overflow for the lake. I saw numerous dolphins,hawks,pelicans and water creatures. Only saw 1 small shark, about 1 and 1/2 to 2 foot long. We had lots of beach time and also lots of pool time. We were waterlogged by the end of the week. The adults went to D and K for dinner on Thursday for dinner. The meal was very good(I had the pan fried snapper) and everyone enjoyed it. So sorry that i missed Kat but maybe next time. As I stated before, We met the Steele Mama and her family. What a grayt group of people. Also went to the Red Bar that evening for the first time at night. I have been there for lunch a couple of times though. That place was crazy. No seats to be found and standing room only. We took the kids up to the fountains and let them play there for an hour or so on Tuesday night. We also took them to the Sugar Shack for Ice Cream. what a mistake. That's like sending a bull into a china shop. Every kind of candy available and all at kid's height. We did enjoy that though also. The nweek went by too fast but everybody had a wonderful time and we are planning for a trip back between Christmas and New Year's. We are alos planning for next summer. I got my sister in law hooked on the beach and the brother in law hooked on shell hunting. So it looks like they will be joing us as regular visitors to the most relaxing place that we all know and love. % months will just go by too slow waiting for our next trip.
 
I'm glad you had good weather and a funn vacation, they just don't last long enough, do they?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top