How many here have actually visited the Memorial aka Monument? Read the last names, many of which if you went to school in Walton County or even read the DeFuniak Herald will look familiar to you?
I can see where the flag might be divisive, although it certainly wasn't to most of us that grew up with it. But there is nothing remotely racist or divisive about the Memorial. Before you say they were fighting to keep slavery, no, they were not. Most folks in Walton County were too poor to have slaves. Rather, they were either forced to join OR they joined to keep the Union forces at bay, who were known to pillage and burn everything in their path, in order to protect their homes and families.
Personally, I am much more concerned for the monument than I am the flag, as the flag was added in 1964. Unlike memorials constructed in recent years, it is very old and brittle and attempts to move it would likely destroy it. It is no less important that the memorials for any other war we've ever been in. When I say we, I mean Florida. We've been Spanish, we've been British, we've been Confederate. And now once and for all, we are in the USA - but do not destroy our history.