WCSO...What's next?

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Misty, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Misty

Misty Banned

Teresa, I may be allot of things but I'm not one to make things up. You did completely change the structure of your original post
    That was added after I had responded or in the process of responding too.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

It really doesn't matter. I do weigh in on those issues that matter to me. I've worked in the field and believe me, health and fitness are part of the job and part of the expense of a good department. All govt offices waste money on certain failed programs or equipment. I've seen it first hand. The issue is how does the chief or sheriff deal with mistakes, move on and manage overall, is there progress, is the mission being met? There are always mistakes and lessons learned, just as in any private business. It's all in how these are handled. Why nit pick? If there is gross mismanagement, then ok, let's do some complaining loudly. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. I still don't know how many deputies were sent to honor a fallen deputy in Texas. And i don't care because I believe it's important to the culture of law enforcement and to our deputies. Your opinion is well known and many agree with you. Why be so pissy with anyone who doesn't? I wasn't angry about your opinion, nor did I have a preconceived notion of your opinion would or would not be. What would be the point?

3. Teresa

Yes, as I said, I added to my original post. Quite quickly. But it didn't change my intent. This is silly.

4. Misty

Misty Banned

I answered you. Take it for what its worth.

5. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

Don't mess with Teresa. All it does is make you look bad. You may not care but you might care if you're banned.

6. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

7. Misty

Misty Banned

Truman, you have NO CLUE what I said to Teresa...so why don't you worry about you and I'll worry about me?

8. sunspotbaby

sunspotbaby SoWal Insider

So, is this thread about the sheriff overspending/ overeating? Or is this thread about bickering between Misty and Teresa?

9. Teresa

It should be a conversation with opinions shared respectfully. I totally respect Misty and her opinions on this and any other discussion. If I or others have a different opinion on the issue, it should be a good way to further the discussion and share ideas or experience or knowledge of the issue. Truman, shut up. Lol.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  10. Misty

Misty Banned

Agreed. I also believe they should be doing this on their own time.

11. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

You know, Misty, it is my tax dollars, too, and just maybe we can get more than three deputies at night in SoWal if we give a bit more. It is my opinion you are worrying about the wrong expenditure of MY tax dollars.

12. Teresa

Does anyone know if the gym equipment was funded by the sheriff's office? I maintain its a legitimate expenditure for deputies and all law personnel, just as in other law and fire departments all over the world. But if anyone knows about how these things are funded, that could help clarify things.

13. Misty

Misty Banned

Well perhaps Andy A., if we didn't purchase an armored vehicle which is sitting in storage the Sheriff could afford to put 3 more deputies in the South end....just a hunch.

14. Will B

Will B Moderator

I'll ask the obvious question that, amazingly, was never brought up that I see. The whole thread is based on an assumption.

How does anybody know that the person on the bike didn't buy it himself?

Just sayin...

15. Misty

Misty Banned

If he bought it himself, takes it to work and rides it on company time how is that better than the Sheriff outfitting and entire gym on the 2nd floor that off duty officers have access to?

16. Poppaj

Poppaj Beach Fanatic

You may feel better if you tell yourself that my tax dollars were spent on the fitness equipment while your tax dollars were spent on important stuff like defending the flying of a flag.

17. Misty

Misty Banned

Actually, you can thank the Uhlfelder's for that debacle. My participation in it didn't cost a dime of taxpayer money. Anything I said or did was done right here on this forum, from my home computer, for FREE. :)

18. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I thought the armored vehicle was either free or ridiculously below actual value? I'm kind of glad it's in storage and not out burning tons of gas and becoming a maintenance nightmare.

I don't understand the call for additional deputies at night, other than 3 escaped convicts I can't remember another time there was a shortage of deputies. I just hope whomever is Sheriff in 6 years remembers it's time for escaped convict(s) to run around Walton county.

As for the gym I'm guessing it was furnished when the Sheriff's office was built. Which Sheriff was in office when that occurred?

Finally, didn't the Sheriff return money to the county last year? Any other constitutional officers do the same?

19. Misty

Misty Banned

Danny Glidewell can probably answer that since he worked under Ralph Johnson.

Did he? Do tell.

Well, we do have an armored vehicle...just in case they go on a mad rampage and barricade themselves somewhere. If memory serves, I just had that conversation with someone here....:blink:

20. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I'm sorry I believe it was a recent BCC meeting? Something about auctioned vehicles. I'm responding and watching football with one eye.