• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Let me repeat myself Teresa....

You have also complained right here on this forum about what poor representation and the lack of good govt we have. Don't point fingers when you have done the same thing.
Yes I have. I have also praised the programs, progress and services we have that work. We all have those things that are important to us personally. Good govt and leadership is up to us to get involved and raise expectations. It's happening in South Walton and I'm proud of our Community. It may take a while but better leadership and more effective govt will happen. The big picture is worth it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
And I have praised the job the majority of the WCSO has done and I have praised the Sheriff. I just think his spending habits are a tad extreme and extravagant. I do think he runs a tight ship but don't like his spending habits. That's my opinion.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I was rather surprised to see the desk bike riding, not quite sure how I feel about that. 14 miles isn't very far to ride a bike, (that's not even 2 hours at a slow pace), so they aren't getting much benefit and despite what they claim, they are distracted. That was one of the issues with the treadmill desks. Riding a bike to and from work or taking a spin class would be more effective and healthier.

Providing a gym or fitness facility is a no brainer though. Given the modern sedentary lifestyle and physical fitness requirements it's money well spent.
good points. Not sure who has the bike desk, is this dispatch? Anyway, they might do better with a standing desk. Yes, a fully equipped gym is a good thing, and quite common for police and fire departments. Top fitness should be a requirement. Good health programs should save tax payers money.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Top fitness should be a requirement.

It is a requirement. Mike needs to get on the fatboy program too. In fact, several of the boys could benefit.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Matt...Liberal doesn't sound like such a dirty word afterall.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I absolutely knew you would weigh in Teresa with your patent endorsement of anything "Sheriff" related.

You're right too! HUGE corporations do in fact provide fitness centers and day care services for their employees. I don't give a tinkers damn what HUGE corporations do with their money. I care about what the Sheriff does with taxpayers dollars!

Shame on me for thinking that an armored vehicle was TOTALLY unnecessary and a huge waste of taxpayer funds. Shame on me for thinking that sending 13 men to Houston Texas for the death of a fellow officer was OVERKILL when one (1) and a memorial wreath would have made the point!
Shame on me for thinking that it is OUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to keep ourselves healthy and fit to go to our perspective jobs!
Shame on me for thinking a 3 MILLION DOLLAR INCREASE in the Sheriff's budget is BS when this county can't even account for 1 million dollars that went missing 10 years ago and god only knows how much more will come up missing during the audit.
Shame on me for thinking that 3 MILLION DOLLARS dollars would go a long way to supporting infrastructure (IE) jobs in NoWal so that we don't have to listen to the whine about how SoWal supports NoWal.

And the next time you all complain about how SoWal dollars support the north end of the county remember this conversation and the fact that you patently endorse whatever the "Sheriff wants the Sheriff gets"!

I am curious how that would change what the folks of SoWal pay? We operate mostly on ad valorem taxes and although I am all for creating jobs and guess I am not sure how that is going to change what those in the south end pay. Full disclosure I own property in the south end but I pay more in the north end.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I am curious how that would change what the folks of SoWal pay? We operate mostly on ad valorem taxes and although I am all for creating jobs and guess I am not sure how that is going to change what those in the south end pay. Full disclosure I own property in the south end but I pay more in the north end.
Who the hell said it would change Bob?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
3 MILLION DOLLARS dollars would go a long way to supporting infrastructure (IE) jobs in NoWal so that we don't have to listen to the whine about how SoWal supports NoWal.
I suppose you alluded to it, not sure. Those are your words.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
3 MILLION DOLLARS dollars would go a long way to supporting infrastructure (IE) jobs in NoWal so that we don't have to listen to the whine about how SoWal supports NoWal.
I suppose you alluded to it, not sure. Those are your words.

You are assuming something I have not said. You love putting your own twist on what I say!