• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Well, Did You Guys Get Snow??

New posts
:welcome: Have you looked at the gorgeous photos on SoWal.com? When I feel like I'm "homesick" for the beach, that's where I head to tide me over! Kurt does a magnificent job, and Smiling JOe ain't so bad either. :clap_1:
 
Mermaid said:
:welcome: Have you looked at the gorgeous photos on SoWal.com? When I feel like I'm "homesick" for the beach, that's where I head to tide me over! Kurt does a magnificent job, and Smiling JOe ain't so bad either. :clap_1:

I am the house searcher for my family reunions. (We convinced by brothers, sister and parents that they had to join us on our yearly event.)
I found this site while looking for virtual tours. I don't want to rent a house unless I can really see all the features, including the porch view!
Like many before me I finally joined the board so I could see SJ's photos.
I finally had to post when you all started talking about the cold weather!

On house bound days I love to look at the beautiful pictures and daydream.
But to be fair to ND, we get lovely sunsets too, but over fields and prairies instead of the Gulf of Mexico. A different kind of beauty.
 
We picked up about 5-6 in late yesterday afternoon / early evening. Started about 4:15pm. Picked up my car from dealership (service work) @ 5pm. Arrived home (40 min drive during typical rush hour) at 7:50pm - due primarily to fools on the roads - it was slick & nasty (inch per hr more or less) but would have been reasonably navigable absent the twits... :blink:
 
OhioBeachBum said:
We picked up about 5-6 in late yesterday afternoon / early evening. Started about 4:15pm. Picked up my car from dealership (service work) @ 5pm. Arrived home (40 min drive during typical rush hour) at 7:50pm - due primarily to fools on the roads - it was slick & nasty (inch per hr more or less) but would have been reasonably navigable absent the twits... :blink:


So..... why aren't you out sledding :idontno:
 
Dylsno.JPG


We really got just enough. This is across the street by our school. There's a small hill that the kids snowboard on. I'm standing on the porch...too cold outside for me.
 
Let it snow, OL!!!! Thanks for the great pics...especially your kids....is someone camera shy there?
 
krafty said:
You know it's cold when you go outside for your 4 mile run and your kleenex freezes in your jacket pocket and icicles form on your eyelashes!


North Dakota native/SoWal visitor for one week every year

North Dakota,you say? I have a ton of family there. My mother is one of 15 children. My aunt is down for a month and laughed at my "whining about the cold". I believe I have traveled through the geographical center more than once. As for sunsets/sunrises, my uncle owns a home in the middle of 5 miles of land and the sky was unbelievable! Very interesting place. The wind always seems to blow when we visit. Welcome to the board.
 
Sueshore said:
Let it snow, OL!!!! Thanks for the great pics...especially your kids....is someone camera shy there?

I have no idea who the camera shy one is! A neighborhood kid. I was standing on my porch and yelled for Dylan to turn around then zoomed in on him. It was so cold today I didn't want to be out for long!
 
iwishiwasthere said:
North Dakota,you say? I have a ton of family there. My mother is one of 15 children. My aunt is down for a month and laughed at my "whining about the cold". I believe I have traveled through the geographical center more than once. As for sunsets/sunrises, my uncle owns a home in the middle of 5 miles of land and the sky was unbelievable! Very interesting place. The wind always seems to blow when we visit. Welcome to the board.

Everyone I know says they have relatives in Seattle. I've never heard anyone say they have relatives in ND.:clap_1: (except people who live here!)

It is an interesting place. (I'll list my "Top 10 Reasons to Visit ND" if anyone's interested). The wind does blow a lot; not much to stop it. But I have to say. Though we love to travel and see great places, it's always nice to come home again.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top