TooFarTampa
SoWal Insider
Is this the trooper that TAZED his step-child? Inquiring minds want to know.
Here is the story, as recounted on the Mudflats blog, quoting an Alaskan official's explanation of what happened. I'll see if I can find other references that tell the whole story:
When you hear about someone tasering an 11-year old, or even ?allegedly? tasering an 11-year old, it?s pretty hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. That?s why I was glad that the head of the Public Safety Employees Association, John Cyr, was interviewed two days ago on KUDO radio, and explained the seemingly unforgivable tasering event.
First, the incident happened when the boy asked to see what it felt like, and prove to his friends that he wasn?t a ?Mama?s Boy?. Wooten agreed to do it. According to Cyr, Wooten was a taser instructor, and used a training cartridge on the lightest setting and used alligator clips on the boys shirt, rather than the usual skin contacts. The burst was less than one second. Wooten?s wife was in the room at the time, and the entire family knew of the incident. It became an issue ONLY when divorce papers were filed. Wooten acknowledged bad judgment and was disciplined.
When I think of Governors running for high office tip-toeing around past shenanigans involving State Troopers, I think the Democrats actually set the precedent.
True. :funn: I meant in this particular case.
The state's Legislative Council (8 GOP, 4 Dems) are the ones who voted to launch an ethics investigation of Palin.


