• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Where is the fire?

New posts
Apparently, you have seen some of the "controlled" burns around here that get out of control. They are indeed fires, prescribed or not.

Well, I did have to evacuate Seagrove during that fire and IIRC it didn't start as a controlled fire or prescribed burn. ;-)
 
That is so cool, AA. I hope the fire/burn wasn't near the eagle's nest. I had seen bald eagles last year, and just haven't taken the time to look up lately. Thanks for the reminder.

This bald eagle in the picture is aggressive as can be. We saw it chasing an osprey that was screaming like a rabbit. There comes an osprey 35 feet off the ground, straight down Yacht Pond with an eagle just 15 feet behind it. I never saw anything like it. I'm going to guess that the osprey had a wing span of 5 feet and the bald eagle had a 6 1/2 foot wingspan. They are huge. Later, again the bald eagle lit in a bare pine tree and two crows just gave him hell. It has been hanging out right by the Watersound Beach Club if you know where that is next to those condo's called Compass Point.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top