• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who will win Florida Governor's race?

New posts
Are you being obtuse on purpose? do you have actual facts to back up your repeated factually incorrect statements?

We've been through this once or twice before. The company that Scott was CEO of was found guilty (or plead guilty) of massive Medicare fraud. That is indisputable fact. You are defending someone that either was incredibly ignorant of the dealings of his own company, or knowingly was guilty of massive fraud. Since you trust Scott so much, please tell us which it was.
 
We've been through this once or twice before. The company that Scott was CEO of was found guilty (or plead guilty) of massive Medicare fraud. That is indisputable fact. You are defending someone that either was incredibly ignorant of the dealings of his own company, or knowingly was guilty of massive fraud. Since you trust Scott so much, please tell us which it was.

You keep knowingly repeating half-truths to forward your political view.

1. Was the company punished and fined. Yes.
2. Was any evidence produced that Scott played a part? No.
3. Did the FBI specifically state that Scott had done no wrong? Yes.
4. Did Scott want to fight the charges? Yes.
5. Did Scott gain financially? No.

#5 is the most important part since posters keep claiming that Scott made money on fraud. Not only was the fraud money recovered, the company was also fined in addition. Therefore, Scott made no money on the fraud. Is that just too freaking simple?

Instead of parroting the lies put forth by those wanting to win an election, do some reading yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_Corporation_of_America

Finally, although many of you are unable to discern the difference, this is not an endorsement of Rick Scott. It is intended as a repudiation of those who tell lies to forward their political agenda. Regardless of party loyalty.
 
Do you get your talking points directly from ALEC or have they just warped your senses enough to believe that drivel?
 
Glad there is NOT a Gôv. Runoff........but, always thought in a race with more than two running ... The winner needed 50% min. Last I saw Scott had 48/49%???
 
Glad there is NOT a Gôv. Runoff........but, always thought in a race with more than two running ... The winner needed 50% min. Last I saw Scott had 48/49%???

That's why the whole idea of a three party election breaks down. It virtually assures that the person elected will not be supported by a majority of voters.

Before M1 starts shooting at me, I am equally disgusted at both current parties, but unless a third party has an incredibly robust following exceeding 33% of the populace, it will only skew the results so that the most favored candidate probably won't win.

As simply a pragmatic approach, a third party must merge into one of the major parties and try to sway that party's platform as much as it can.

Or you can keep tilting at windmills and assure that the worse of two evils (think Rick Scott) will get elected.
 
I'd suggest a history course. There have been viable third parties in this country.

What I find equally disturbing is telling people to just give up hope and vote for the lesser of two evils. Sorry. I want to vote for someone. Not against someone.

What you are endorsing, is a de facto vote for the Democrats since the Republican is slimier. All the while forgetting that the Democratic candidate is really a moderate Republican.
 
Do you get your talking points directly from ALEC or have they just warped your senses enough to believe that drivel?

I'm not sure the correlation between ALEC and mis-truths, but I'm bored so why not?

I moved here from a state where ALEC was deemed a good idea. It is certainly not. I further don't believe that healthcare should be an industry. However, since the feds can't do anything else right, I'm not going to allow them to screw up health care as well.
 
I'd suggest a history course. There have been viable third parties in this country.

What I find equally disturbing is telling people to just give up hope and vote for the lesser of two evils. Sorry. I want to vote for someone. Not against someone.

What you are endorsing, is a de facto vote for the Democrats since the Republican is slimier. All the while forgetting that the Democratic candidate is really a moderate Republican.

I like moderate Republicans, but they're like unicorns.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top