• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wish Me Luck!

New posts

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Last night was the first night of an 8 week American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking class that I am attending. I have smoked for way too many years and I am so ready to give it up. I do not have the strength or willpower to just lay them down and quit cold turkey, I know that. So, my sister, and a co-worker of mine have decided to go to this class and do it together. I am really, really ready to quit. My actual quit day is Feb 1st. In the next 8 weeks we will be learning how to quit for life. Part of our homework assignment was to let you our family and friends know so that they can be there to support us in our decision. So, friends I am letting you know. Say a prayer, or if you don't pray, keep those fingers crossed for us. I will keep you updated on our progress! I have decided that after I quit, instead of going into a store to buy cigs, I will go by the ATM and get that $$ out and take it home and put it in a jar. I will use that $$ to pay for probably 1/2 of my vacation in June. I can do this, and I will do this!
 
What a great idea!!! I hope you are successful! :wub:

If you do it, I will deliver a case of your favorite beer to you when you visit!
 
Awesome- you are doing it the right way with the classes and picking a quit day and preparing for it.

I will be keeping up with you!!!!:clap:
 
Kathy, I have told you in the past, If you put your mind to it and have a goal, you can acomplish anything. I have faith in you. You will do it. Then you can spend that extra monies for beer on the beach. Good Luck!!!!!
 
What a great idea!!! I hope you are successful! :wub:

If you do it, I will deliver a case of your favorite beer to you when you visit!

Thanks scooter! Your on!

Awesome- you are doing it the right way with the classes and picking a quit day and preparing for it.

I will be keeping up with you!!!!:clap:
This class is really good about preparing you for your quit day. They actually picked the day. 4 weeks from the first class. I am going to try and do it without any nicotine replacement therapy or drugs. They encourage you to use them though if you think you need them. I don't want to if I don't have to. I will keep you updated!

Kathy, I have told you in the past, If you put your mind to it and have a goal, you can acomplish anything. I have faith in you. You will do it. Then you can spend that extra monies for beer on the beach. Good Luck!!!!!

Yes, you have Dan. Thank you. My mind is made up. Now, I just have to get my body to cooperate with me. ;-)

You can do this. It has been a little over 9 months since I had one. I feel so much better!

WOW, very proud of you sweetie! Did you quit cold turkey or did you have help?
 
Best of luck to you and prayers for success. I wish my Dad had been able to do this years before his heart attack, we might still have him.
 
I can tell you what helped me quit, the threat from my Dr. of pushing an oxygen . That was three years ago. Haven't seen all that money people said I would save,but my clothes no longer smell of nicotine, I can breathe air better and I think the best is being able to say that I don't smoke. Good start for you and good luck, you'll do it. Think of all the money you'll save and don't forget FOOD TASTES BETTER!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top