• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Words

New posts
My Sister says: Breffust (as in are we having bacon & eggs for...?)
OMG! My neighbor says this. I tod Mr. Pod about it, now he says it all the time to make me laugh.
I just found this thread tonight and had to think, and then I had my Eureka moment--my word is "out" tacked on unnecessarily. I have noticed an epidemic of this in the last year or so, almost exclusively tied to home projects. "Trim it out," "frame it out," "switch it out," etc. I can't stand it.
 
Last edited:
"Once again, blah, blah, blah..." :blink: GD :( . MF :eek:.
VaJJ:roll:
dynomite.jpg

​
 
Oh I have to stop lurking, just for this thread, I'm such a word snob...
Biggest peeve? My mother says "goat the bathroom" instead of "go to"
Drives
Me
Crazy!
Posed or sposed instead of supposed is a very close second.
 
Meth wrap:

CODE-called
STOWED- stolen
CAWD-called
SODE- sold
TOWED- told

peeves- smelt.
do what?
kan't

phrase..... ring ring......."is Jane Doe there"?
"This is HER"

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
 
Meth wrap:

CODE-called
STOWED- stolen
CAWD-called
SODE- sold
TOWED- told

peeves- smelt.
do what?
kan't

phrase..... ring ring......."is Jane Doe there"?
"This is HER"

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

Biff...that person sounds like they have a head cold.
 
Oh I have to stop lurking, just for this thread, I'm such a word snob...
Biggest peeve? My mother says "goat the bathroom" instead of "go to"
Drives
Me
Crazy!
Posed or sposed instead of supposed is a very close second.
:welcome: :welcome: post more often!

I love the word discombobulated! :clap: (maybe because it describes me???:floor: )
I hate it when people say Illinois (and they end it by pronouncing the S :angry: )
 
Definitely the "C" word! The "F" word that is british for cigarette too. The word panties - if you are talking about adult undergarments they are underwear, thongs, boxers, etc.

Accents are fun and add flavor ..... adding letters and misspeaking drives me nuts and makes you sound like an uneducated moron! If you are over the age of 7 and don't have a speech impediment, enunciate and use the correct word! It's not cute after that age!

Announcers who mispronounce basic things drive me nuts too - they're on national television, yet don't know how to say the names of states correctly? WTF!
 

have got


As in: "I have got to go to work." or, "You've got mail."
It should be: "I have to go to work." or "You have mail."

This drives me nuts.
I hear this all day long. Even TV reporters use it. It's even been used in great works of literature. I am always amazed at it's usage - - and I am no pro when it come to grammar.

I'm like Ms. Kitty. HATE, HATE, HATE "pee"

But the winner of the day and it makes me laugh is: Yummy! :floor: (Yummo is definitely a close 2nd tho.)

I don't care for the word, "doo-dad"
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top