• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
Hello- I was just wondering if anybody had any information about the accident I saw at the corner of 283 and Hwy 98 around 1:45am Halloween night. I was curious if the person(s) involved were OK, and what happened. Seemed to be a single vehicle accident. (Hit a pole) It was a green suv, maybe a rodeo or a passport? Thanks in advance if you have any info!!

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I don't know about the wreck your asking about sorry.
Our community had a very bad wreck this morning just after 7 am. It happened in NW Rankin County when the dust settled, a brother and sister were dead. They were headed to school, no seat belts, swerved to miss one car and ran into a suv in the oncoming lane.The boy was a senior on the all state scoccer team and his sister was a freshmen.
Can you think what those parents are going through tonight? Not one but two children taken at once. They also have a son at Ms State. So sad, school was closed today ...

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
God, that's AWFUL! I feel for the parents and friends. This just reminds us to appreciate every moment we possibly can NOW with our loved ones. Now is all we really have. -Just imagine .............a day when one of your loved ones you have now is NOT there any longer. Imagine it....how you would feel, how badly you would long to see them again. -Then realize that you DO have access to that day, right now, when you CAN see them and 'access' them, and realize how lucky you are NOW. There may come a day when you would give anything for this day again! It's pretty profound when you think about it.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:sosad::sosad::sosad::sosad: I can not even imagine...it makes me sick to think about it:cry:

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
I don't know about the wreck your asking about sorry.
Our community had a very bad wreck this morning just after 7 am. It happened in NW Rankin County when the dust settled, a brother and sister were dead. They were headed to school, no seat belts, swerved to miss one car and ran into a suv in the oncoming lane.The boy was a senior on the all state scoccer team and his sister was a freshmen.
Can you think what those parents are going through tonight? Not one but two children taken at once. They also have a son at Ms State. So sad, school was closed today ...

So Sorry..:sosad:

God, that's AWFUL! I feel for the parents and friends. This just reminds us to appreciate every moment we possibly can NOW with our loved ones. Now is all we really have. -Just imagine .............a day when one of your loved ones you have now is NOT there any longer. Imagine it....how you would feel, how badly you would long to see them again. -Then realize that you DO have access to that day, right now, when you CAN see them and 'access' them, and realize how lucky you are NOW. There may come a day when you would give anything for this day again! It's pretty profound when you think about it.

:welcome:.....Your words are so true!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
So sorry. Very scary for parents of teens (and anyone). We're just now considering letting out teen get rides home from school from other teens (we haven't let her do so yet). But, this may make me reconsider. On the other hand, children have to take risks sooner or later -- but this just made me think twice. We have emphasized over and over again to always use seat belts, never use a cell phone while driving or drive in a car when others are doing so (we never use cell phones in the car), not to distract the driver, not to be goofy in the car even if you're not the driver, how to tell someone to stop doing something while driving (e.g., talking on a cell phone, remind people to use seat belts). But it's still scary...

So sad for the family and what a horrible loss.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I dont have any info but did see the evidence on the pole this AM. Someone in a dark truck was out if the vehicle looking at it and you can definitely see where it was hit. I,too, hope every one is OK. But I didnt see any skid marks around it so hopefully they werent going very fast.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hoping whoever was in our wreck is OK...and my heart absolutely breaks for the family of the two young people killed in Mississippi. How horrible -