Airboat Tours on the bay and river what say you?

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by bob bob, Oct 16, 2017.

1. bob bob

bob bob Beach Lover

There's a guy who is doing tours and people are very upset about all the noise. How do you feel about airboat tours? Seems like an airboat is made for marshes and we don't have much of them and will be destroyed by an airboat.

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Not a good idea. I've seen a few near our place in Pt Washington over the years. Extremely loud.

3. The Window Guy

The Window Guy Beach Fanatic

Another "cheesy circus" to disrupt our natural environment and most important assets.
    Not no, but "HELL NO"
    DO NOT TURN SOWAL OR FREEPORT INTO A JOKE!
    'Do not kill the goose that laid the golden egg!"

Note: This is my opinion and you asked. If you don't agree or don't like my opinion tuff...
    Oh, sorry I am not and never will be PC correct. Now smile :)

4. Abby Prentiss

Abby Prentiss Beach Fanatic

Give me one good reason why you would use an airboat instead of a regular boat? - agree - hell no!

5. gumby

gumby Beach Lover

No air boats. We live on the river now and the last thing I want to hear or see is a freak`n airboat buzz`n by my dock.

6. deborsk

deborsk Beach Lover

We took the tour last year--and I now can understand why airboats are not wanted on the bay. Too noisy...why would we want to disrupt our natural environment and most important assets?

7. James Bentwood

James Bentwood Beach Fanatic

Not to offend, but why did you take it? Did you not know it was noisy? Thought it would be cool?

8. SoWal Staff

SoWal Staff Serving the Community! Staff Member

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

The Walton County Board of County Commissioners proposes to adopt the following by ordinance:

AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF WALTON COUNTY, FLORIDA ESTABLISHING HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION FOR AIRBOATS IN WALTON COUNTY; PROVIDING FOR PURPOSE, LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS, AUTHORITY, SEVERABILITY, INCLUSION IN THE CODE, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

You are hereby notified that a Public Hearing on the ordinance will be held on January 9, 2018, beginning at 4:00 p.m., or as soon as possible to that time, at the South Walton County Courthouse Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

Please be governed accordingly.

Walton County adheres to the American with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable modifications for access to the meetings upon request. Please call (850) 892-8110 to make a request. For hearing impaired, please call 1-800-955-8771 (TDD), 1-800-955-8770 (VOICE). Requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting to allow time to provide the requested services.