• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
A new women’s designer store, Donna Gatta Boutique, just opened at Destin Commons! It is located across the street from Abercrombie & Fitch. Stop by and refresh your wardrobe for Spring!

28616419_10156145758492902_5213215337643476810_o.jpg

Destin, FL (March 5. 2018)…
A new women’s designer store, Donna Gatta Boutique, just opened at Destin Commons. It is located on the main street in the outdoor lifestyle center, across the street from Abercrombie & Fitch.

Donna Gatta is owned by local resident, Michela Marangoni, and the new store is her first, a life-long dream for her. Originally from Brazil, Marangoni found her way to the Emerald Coast by way of California five years ago.

“Opening a women’s clothing boutique has always been my passion and dream from when I was six years old in Brazil when one day, I taped all my clothes on a wall to show off my ‘new store’ to my mother,” said Marangoni. “I then went on to design school at the University of West Florida and I do all my buying. Area ladies and tourists alike are in for a unique shopping experience when they visit Donna Gatta.”

Preparing to open Donna Gatta Boutique meant apparel market buying trips all over the country to include New York City, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and others. The result is an eye-catching array of women’s flowing tropical chic and beach clothing; hats; purses; designer jewelry and sandals. A couple of Donna Gatta’s lines carried are Scandal, featuring made in Italy silk fabrics; and Incaha, a casual collection of dresses, skirts and blouses.

One might wonder the origin of the boutique’s name, Donna Gatta. Though Marangoni is from Brazil, her parents are originally from Italy. The boutique’s name is of Italian origin. Donna means Miss and Gatta means cat, therefore the translation is Miss Cat, a tribute to her nickname as a child and Marangoni’s love of felines.

Award-winning Destin Commons is anchored by Bass Pro Shops, Belk, H&M, Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill, Lush, and AMC Destin, a 14-screen movie theatre. The outdoor lifestyle center also offers 70,000 square feet of Class A office space, free WiFi access, interactive pop fountain, and Pirate’s Cove children’s soft play area. Destin Commons is located at the corner of US Highway 98 and the Mid Bay Bridge Road. For additional information, call (850) 337-8700. Visit www.DestinCommons.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.