• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

egbmomma

Beach Crab
Jun 18, 2013
We are coming to the area for vacation next week and wanted to know about options for fishing in the area. My husband is a big fan of crappie fishing, anyone know if there is a good spot for that? Also, and information on charters or guides in the area. Thanks so much!

Hi, crappie is a fresh water fish so your husband should check out: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/florida/217868-crappie-bream-fishing-panama-city.html

This is a great discussion among Crappie fishermen about the best freshwater lakes to fish in the Florida Panhandle.

The best fishing around here, my opinion only, is in the Gulf. There are lots of deep water charters that go out of Destin Harbor. I would highly suggest the smaller (5-10) people boats. They are more expensive than the +40 fishing "party boats" but WELL worth it. Better personal attention by the first mate and a lot less crowded. Loads of fun.

Also, while your husband is fishing you should check out Fit Your Way on 30a for Zumba, Yoga, circuit training and/or Pilates. Go to www.marciarobbins.com for information.

have a great time on 30A!