• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Katy11

Beach Comber
Sep 18, 2008
Hello, all!!

I am new to this website, and already see LOTS of interesting threads!!!
I do have to say that I am in search of local artists!!! I am involved in Relay for Life (YAY!) and we will be hosting an art auction this fall; we're all hoping that many of the local artists would be generous enough to contribute a piece of their very talanted work to be sold for such a good cause. I must say, everyone to whom I've spoken thus far have been wonderfully generous.
If you're an artist (or know of one who may be interested), feel free to reply or email me.
I look forward to the eclectic topics on this board!!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Hello, all!!

I am new to this website, and already see LOTS of interesting threads!!!
I do have to say that I am in search of local artists!!! I am involved in Relay for Life (YAY!) and we will be hosting an art auction this fall; we're all hoping that many of the local artists would be generous enough to contribute a piece of their very talanted work to be sold for such a good cause. I must say, everyone to whom I've spoken thus far have been wonderfully generous.
If you're an artist (or know of one who may be interested), feel free to reply or email me.
I look forward to the eclectic topics on this board!!

I was an artist for a couple of months this year, but I've retired my paintbrush and returned to the performing arts. I'll play "Go Tell Aunt Rhodie" on alto sax if you like. :lol:

Kidding. But :welcome: and good luck.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for joining in! Maybe you can tell us more about your event and your organization. Also, feel free to post in the other forums under events or groups.

Katy11

Beach Comber
Sep 18, 2008
Rfl

Hiya, Kurt - be glad to post more. The charity art auction will be late October/early November in South Walton - venue is still in the midst of being confirmed. I am really taken aback at the talent from our local artists - they are incredible!!!!!!

Relay for Life is an annual event by the American Cancer Society, and essentially the purpose is to raise money for ACS to eradicate cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service. Until a cure is found, ACS works to educate people about the severity of cancer, prevention techniques, and aid for those who are ill.

RFL will be held in April 2009 and is a lot of fun - just have to be able to stay up all night!!! There's always tons of games and everyone has a great time. Oh, right - there's always incredibly good food being sold!! Teams set up their booths around the track, and it's always cool seing how people get into the spirit!!

Oh, yes, another plug: Sponsorships are ALWAYS welcome!!!!! We have companies who get track markers as well, and either way they get great publicity.

Definitely looking forward to April!!