• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Okay what is the deal with the park in Driftwood Estates? I thought that place was a flood zone. Is it really smart to lay asphalt that water can not permeate in that area? I always understood that there were suppose to be lakes in that area. Is this what happens when you complain enough about an issue? They go and build you your own park to keep you quiet?

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Okay what is the deal with the park in Driftwood Estates? I thought that place was a flood zone. Is it really smart to lay asphalt that water can not permeate in that area? I always understood that there were suppose to be lakes in that area. Is this what happens when you complain enough about an issue? They go and build you your own park to keep you quiet?

No robert, that area has been a county Park and dedicated to the Public since 1979. It was NEVER where the lakes were labled. Sandestin claims it as their preserve area and yet have NEVER owned it since it was platted to the public. The county at one point didn't even know they owned it and a developer was dumping muck on it until we complained. Then the residents and multiple HOA's in driftwood DONATED over 80,0000 dollars to the county to build it.

What happens when you speak loud enough, is they take away your right to discuss things like public parks and the failure of the county to keep the taxpayers from footing the bill in the name of private profit. But hey, I'm sure you are much more researched on driftwood and the DRI than I am. Why don't you research something more intresting than this Robert. How about going and reading the minutes of 11 May 2009 on the county accepting and acquiring easements for Driftwood estates Drainage. READ the attached documents and notice how the county proposing entering into an agreement with Sandestin HOA and the Burnt Pine HOA to acquire and relocate a drainage easement for Driftwood estates. Please note the proposal to accept and imdemnify Sandestin and hold the county responsible for EVERYTHING.
Which begs the questions?
Didn't the county spend the last four years telling Driftwood residents they had nothing to do with the SOA?
1. If thats true why do they need Sandestins permission to move our easement platted back in 1979?
2. Why did that happen the week after I was told nothing would be discussed or happen until our Special master hearing.?
3. Why would the County try to obtain easements to finish a private development and accept and request an agreement to be responsible, instead of holding the developer responsible for Non compliance, when it could cost the county millions? The county has already accepted an indemnification agreement signed by Sandestin back in 1988 that says SANDESTIN is resonsible for everything that came from an abandonment proceding. The county acknowledged this agreement is binding to the successors of the original agreement. Why reverse it now?
4. If you read the county minutes from the testimony over lifting the moritorium back in 2005, the county said they had the easements, certifications and permits already. Now they are trying to obtain what they told myself and a State agency(DCA) they had.
5. Robert, if you thought it was a flood zone how come you never spoke up saying let's not build houses in flood zones, why the sudden worry of asphalt? Are concrete foundations more permeable? NOTTTT!!!!

No robert, you don't get things no matter how loud you speak, even fair and unbiased treatment. You get goverment help and "Topcover" when your development or business carries a thicker wallet and a bigger political footprint than mine. Unfortuneatly, it doesn't have a thing to do with what is right and wrong.

" A good rule of thumb: Mind in Motion before mouth in gear."

teamc

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2009
i admire your fortitude and determination fighting the local corruption alan. seriously. you are one impressive guy and we should all be appreciative for you speaking up when so many either suck up or roll over.

No robert, that area has been a county Park and dedicated to the Public since 1979. It was NEVER where the lakes were labled. Sandestin claims it as their preserve area and yet have NEVER owned it since it was platted to the public. The county at one point didn't even know they owned it and a developer was dumping muck on it until we complained. Then the residents and multiple HOA's in driftwood DONATED over 80,0000 dollars to the county to build it.

What happens when you speak loud enough, is they take away your right to discuss things like public parks and the failure of the county to keep the taxpayers from footing the bill in the name of private profit. But hey, I'm sure you are much more researched on driftwood and the DRI than I am. Why don't you research something more intresting than this Robert. How about going and reading the minutes of 11 May 2009 on the county accepting and acquiring easements for Driftwood estates Drainage. READ the attached documents and notice how the county proposing entering into an agreement with Sandestin HOA and the Burnt Pine HOA to acquire and relocate a drainage easement for Driftwood estates. Please note the proposal to accept and imdemnify Sandestin and hold the county responsible for EVERYTHING.
Didn't the county spend the last four years telling Driftwood residents they had nothing to do with the SOA?
1. If thats true why do they need Sandestins permission to move our easement platted back in 1979?
2. Why did that happen the week after I was told nothing would be discussed or happen until our Special master hearing.?
3. Why would the County try to obtain easements to finish a private development and accept and request an agreement to be responsible, instead of holding the developer responsible for Non compliance, when it could cost the county millions? The county has already accepted an indemnification agreement signed by Sandestin back in 1988 that says SANDESTIN is resonsible for everything that came from an abandonment proceding. The county acknowledged this agreement is binding to the successors of the original agreement. Why reverse it now?
4. If you read the county minutes from the testimony over lifting the moritorium back in 2005, the county said they had the easements, certifications and permits already. Now they are trying to obtain what they told myself and a State agency(DCA) they had.
5. Robert, if you thought it was a flood zone how come you never spoke up saying let's not build houses in flood zones, why the sudden worry of asphalt? Are concrete foundations more permeable? NOTTTT!!!!

No robert, you don't get things no matter how loud you speak, even fair and unbiased treatment. You get goverment help and "Topcover" when your development or business carries a thicker wallet and a bigger political footprint than mine. Unfortuneatly, it doesn't have a thing to do with what is right and wrong.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I don't think it was supposed to hurt, but John R's not the only one to figure it out.

I want to make sure that I understand your position - whatever I post you attribute to wrobert - right ? This is going to be fun - wrobert hope you have a sense of humor.

SWGB - I would appreciate a confirmation before I begin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I want to make sure that I understand your position - whatever I post you attribute to wrobert - right ? This is going to be fun - wrobert hope you have a sense of humor.

SWGB - I would appreciate a confirmation before I begin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, you're one in the same.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

Thanks goodness you are still here. I was beginning to thing that you thought you could not post on sowal any longer.