• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Utility companies should not be given monopolies. They should not be allowed to trash our roadways or get in bed with government. A lot of point washington still doesn't have cable - like up Hwy 395.

As for that subdivision, it also backs right up to a concrete plant. I wonder how many people bought and didn't know it?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Another example of people not researching where they are buying. Geezz.. Before I bought off of Bay Drive (almost 30 yrs. ago) I got on the phone and contacted all of the utilities in the area. Phone??As long as you dont mind the phone line being run on top of the road and across 3 wooded acres for 6+ months. City water/sewer??...nope...Electricity??...barely.. (God forbid it storm or get really cold..or someone hit a power pole ANYWHERE in the vicinity. )...Cable?? They literally laughed at me and told me I lived in the "dead zone..,probably never get cable." Next thing they will be saying ..."OMG..there are water moccasins and gators in Peach Creek. The developer didnt tell us THAT"

MichelewithoneL

Beach Comber
Feb 1, 2017
Littleton, Co
I am looking at a rental in Peach Creek, brand new home- we are moving from out of state and waiting to buy after we get to know the area better. Is this a bad place to rent? My husband works from home and MUST have internet. We also have a 3 year old- are there really water mocassins adn gators nearby?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
This area is not a metropolitan area. There are tens of thousands of acres of state forest surrounding pockets of development. These woods are home to many species of snakes, gators, not to mention deer, bear, coyote, bobcats, and wild hogs. Peach Creek is a small creek that runs through these woods to Choctawhatchee Bay. As for the Peach Creek subdivision not having cable/internet...it wouldnt surprise me. And Mediacon (the ONLY cable internet provider) probably wont be in any hurry to fix that problem until they get enough subscribers in the area to be profitable.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
And Mediacon (the ONLY cable internet provider) probably wont be in any hurry to fix that problem until they get enough subscribers in the area to be profitable.

I've been hearing that for 20 years in different SoWal areas and have come to believe it is not true. Something behind the scenes preventing service in certain areas.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I've been hearing that for 20 years in different SoWal areas and have come to believe it is not true. Something behind the scenes preventing service in certain areas.
You could be right about that. You would think that as much as they charge for those services, there would be no area that wouldnt be profitable. And it is sad that we cant even threaten them with the "I'll take my business elsewhere" thing. Didnt Walton county sign a contract with them (oh so many years ago) to be THE cable provider for this area? Would love to read that.

MichelewithoneL

Beach Comber
Feb 1, 2017
Littleton, Co
Yes - everywhere in FLorida. Sharks too.
Hey, I come from a place with earthquakes daily, couldn't be much worse?! My husband is from Alabama and he has plenty of snake stories
I am looking at a rental there and spoke w/ two cable companies- Century Link is the company that DOES service that area- they offer fiber optic cable, which is way faster than expected- 100megs a sec. Just in case anyone needs their info: It just takes a little research!
1-800-809-1410
let them know it is a new community, good luck!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Yes - everywhere in FLorida. Sharks too.
We see water moccasins regularly around our house. Saw a 6 ft. Eastern diamondback crossing 283 a few months ago. Bears. Alligators, too. It's Florida and our county has a lot of critters.