• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
30-gAy....What's YOUR real point here? Paranoia due to mean ole developers OR paranoia due to homophobics OR paranoia due to the likes of Pat Robertson (him - I can really understand your paranoia:D )? I tried to read your post with an open mind. Hell throw in retaining walls while you're at it.;-) Maybe the sheep image crossed up some neurons.:cool:

Stay focused, man!

30gAy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2006
The greater SoWal metro area
30-gAy....What's YOUR real point here? Paranoia due to mean ole developers OR paranoia due to homophobics OR paranoia due to the likes of Pat Robertson (him - I can really understand your paranoia:D )? I tried to read your post with an open mind. Hell throw in retaining walls while you're at it.;-) Maybe the sheep image crossed up some neurons.:cool:

Stay focused, man!

Well, my satire is a variable, some would say neo-dynamic, exploration of the ever present cause-effect dialogue inherent within each reader?s interpretation of the original subject. A sort of zeitgeist tainted viewpoint, if you will.

Hope that clears things up.

Either that or I just like to poke funn at people who take themselves too seriously, myself included.

Which precludes any more in depth discussion as to the deeper meaning of any of my posts.

Please do not look at me for guidance, answers to age old questions, or stock market tips; I?m pretty much here just to make myself laugh ?sometimes at your expense.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Stay focused, man!
Did BMBV just ask 30gAy what his POINT was? :rotfl:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
"Does anyone see a problem with this?"

Yes. Your act is old and tired. You remind me of my aunt who upon being asked, "how's it goin", offered a 10 minute response detailing her various medical ailments. I stopped asking. The article is positive - get over yourself and let people enjoy it.
:welcome: been lurking long?

Capt. William

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2006
Port St. Joe
How exactly were you, your sisters and many of your friends "pushed out"?

Well lets see if the average piece of property is around $300,000(very low estimate) and I nor my sisters and friends are making over $50,000(high estimate) before we pay taxes bills buy gasoline and so on.(I think SJ and many others just had a thread on this if you want all the correct information, this topic has been beaten to death) This means we can not afford to buy a home in south walton. You say why not rent? IT is rediculous(sp.) for us to waste about $1,000 a month on something we will get no return out of. In my particular case when I graduated highschool i went to niceville for school then left niceville trying to make it back into south waltonand lived in a run down trailor with roomates. That was not working and I could not afford to rent a place on my own. So I moved to Port St. Joe where I could still afford to buy my home.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Well, my satire is a variable, some would say neo-dynamic, exploration of the ever present cause-effect dialogue inherent within each reader?s interpretation of the original subject. A sort of zeitgeist tainted viewpoint, if you will

Hope that clears things up.
....right click on zeitgeist....choose "lookup meaning"...wait for return....light bulb turns on....read definition...paste it here...
"the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era"

ABSOLUTELY!!! What was I thinking??? Wow, real estate can be deep!

Either that or I just like to poke funn at people who take themselves too seriously, myself included.
I'm guilty as charged.:D Just watch where you go "poking", please.;-)

Which precludes any more in depth discussion as to the deeper meaning of any of my posts.

Please do not look at me for guidance, answers to age old questions, or stock market tips; I?m pretty much here just to make myself laugh ?sometimes at your expense.
Forgive me if I gave you that impression (re: looking for guidance).:funn: Damn, did I just make myself laugh at "your expense"?:rotfl:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
.....You say why not rent? IT is rediculous(sp.) for us to waste about $1,000 a month on something we will get no return out of.
Since you bit on 6thGen's provocative question, part of your reply is not necessarily accurate.

Worse case...
If you "bought" a home last year, you'd probably be in the hole equity wise. It definitely would be better to have rented then.

Real case today (right now)...
You'd like to live south of 30A but know you can't afford to buy in. Let's pretend (really hard) that this home on 30A is $150,000 instead of typical $400,000 to $1,000,000+ range. The mortgage on a the home (after you put down $30,000) would be around $760/mo. (30 years at 6.5%)

Hey wait a minute. You've got association dues...tack on another $200 minimum. Whoa there's more...property tax on 150K would be around $100 per month (guess). Then you have upkeep....$200/month. Then you have INSURANCE which is... who the hell knows?...but we'll say $300 month.

Let's add it up....760+200+100+200+300=$1560/month

Remember this is dreaming that the house south of 30A is only worth $150,000.

If the house was worth twice that, your monthly payment would be almost twice so let's say $3000/month. That would be for a $300,000 home.

As we know homes south of 30A typically are far more than $300,000 which would drive the monthly cost even higher than $3000/month.

Take a look at Brand New House South of 30-A in Blue Mountain Beach - SoWal Beaches Forum....

Brand new house for rent in Blue Mountain Beach, South of 30-A and walking distance to the beach.
2 stories, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1700+ sq. ft.
Top of the line Kitchen with Bar that opens to the Living Room, creating a warm social environment.
Beautiful wood floors in main living areas and carpet in the bedrooms.
Tons of storage
We will consider pets, deposit will depend on type and size.
Flexible lease options-
Month-to-Month- $1200.00
6 Month- Negotiable
1 Year- Negotiable

$1200/monthly. Sounds like a freakn' deal to me. 4 bedrooms? Get a roommate. This is a steal by any standards. I do assume you could get this rate all year long however (not that unlikely for a yearly lease). Oh yea, remember you did not have to come up with 30 freakn' thousand dollars either to move in.

You make money by saving your cash flow and investing it "wisely", not as I did.;-)

Hopefully you can see that renting "these days" is not bad idea.

BUT (and a big but - assuming appreciation) in the long term, I agree, you're better off owning in "normal" times and in "normal" places.

Keep an open mind.

If anyone rents this place because of this post, I want a finders fee. OK I'm not a RE agent. How about a beer?:D

Capt. William

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2006
Port St. Joe
yes that does sound like a deal. And thankyou for putting more accurate numbers in for me. I was more or else talking about the south end in a whole not only 30A. Thankfully I bought my house in St. Joe last year and the market has stopped here but it never reached the walton county levels:clap_1: so it still has plenty of room to grow in the oncoming years.

Thankfully I have no desire to own a house south of 30A my home owners insurance is high enough where i am now I think I would have a heart attack at way to young of an age if I had to pay that bill

Last edited: