• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aubratgyrl

Beach Crab
Mar 13, 2005
Hi everyone,

we are getting married the 4th of July weekend in Destin on the beach. Do any of you guys who are local have any advise? We have a wedding company, we are booked at a local condo, have condos booked for family coming in from PA, have family coming from MO, and south Bama. It isnt going to be a formal thing, but what we do want is something special. We aren't having a reception, but thought we would all go to dinner after the wedding, any ideas for where? Somewhere that would hold a table for say 12 to 16 possibly a few more. I also need a reasonably priced florist to handle my bouquet and the grooms bout. if he even wears one. Any input would be so appreciated. We love Destin, he proposed to me in Destin almost 3 years ago on Labor Day weekend, so it was only fitting we marry there on the same sand.

Dana

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Destin Wedding

aubratgyrl said:
Hi everyone,

we are getting married the 4th of July weekend in Destin on the beach. Do any of you guys who are local have any advise? he proposed to me in Destin almost 3 years ago
Dana
Don't do it!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

aubratgyrl said:
Hi everyone,

we are getting married the 4th of July weekend in Destin on the beach. Do any of you guys who are local have any advise? We have a wedding company, we are booked at a local condo, have condos booked for family coming in from PA, have family coming from MO, and south Bama. It isnt going to be a formal thing, but what we do want is something special. We aren't having a reception, but thought we would all go to dinner after the wedding, any ideas for where? Somewhere that would hold a table for say 12 to 16 possibly a few more. I also need a reasonably priced florist to handle my bouquet and the grooms bout. if he even wears one. Any input would be so appreciated. We love Destin, he proposed to me in Destin almost 3 years ago on Labor Day weekend, so it was only fitting we marry there on the same sand.

Dana

I went to a rehearsal dinner at Flamingo Cafe a few years ago and it was very nice. It is right on the harbor. Though I heard they might be closing I don't know when or if.
Located on Hwy. 98 E., directly on Destin Harbor, 837-0961Destin's premier restaurant of style. This "must do" restaurant showcases unequaled cuisine featuring the freshest seafood, choicest beef, veal and lamb and exotic evening creations by Chef de Cuisine Andi bell and Executive Chef Jim Richard. Enjoy a spectacular view from every table inside or out on the covered veranda and enjoy premier wines and liqours. Dinner served nightly. Featured entrees: Snapper Destin, featured in Souther Living; Grouper Flamingo recipe, requested by Bon Appetit. Other favorites include soft-shell crayfish, crab en croute and grilled swordfish with glazed papayas.

The Henderson Park Inn is also very special. I heard they were closing and condos were going up on the site. :sosad:
http://www.hendersonparkinn.com

aubratgyrl

Beach Crab
Mar 13, 2005

Smiling JOe said:
I am teasing you. Congratulations!

Thanks Joe! We are rather excited, this is a second marriage for us both so it will not be this big Clampett Wing Ding that we both had first time around, just a beautiful spot for a blending of our families.

Dana

aubratgyrl said:
Thanks Joe! We are rather excited, this is a second marriage for us both so it will not be this big Clampett Wing Ding that we both had first time around, just a beautiful spot for a blending of our families.

Dana

Did anybody direct you to this thread? It may be of some help :cool:

http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=223

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The Flamingo Cafe has been gone for a while now. It was doing well, but the team just wanted to move on. The building now holds the relocated Destin Chops which used to be in the Destin Yacht Club building.

Marina Cafe (right next to the old Flamingo Cafe) night work. I think Bogwalk in Destin Commons might have space for private parties, and the food would be a nice fit for an after wedding dinner. Rutheford's at the Regatta Bay golf course seems to be popular for that kind of thing as well.

Enjoy your time here and your life together!