• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
It definitely will never again look like it did 20 years ago. You can blame the dumb actions of certain developers or county commissioners, but if there weren't more people that needed or wanted housing, all this development would never have happened. The population thing is going to get way worse not better. :dunno: The current logjam of unsold properties will subside, at some point, because Florida is just getting more crowded. The only thing that is likely to stop it is some sort of major environmental catastrophe.

I have a friend who wants to have five children and complains about sprawl. :bang: It is what it is.
After five kids, er, children, she may be the one sprawling.

Back to the question at hand. The developers give the sheeple what they want. The sheeple want high density regardless of the fact that high density, gross statistically speaking, means higher crime, more sheep waste, and a myriad of other problems. Why high density then?

Last edited:

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Wow theres alot to read here......but it's simple really, change is inevitable, I have only been going to Seagrove for vacation for about five years and I have seen it, the growth and developmenet. But the bottom line is it's truly a wonderful place, to live, to vist, or just drive through. I can only visit the beaches of south walton once a year and it never disappoints us, we love the area:love:
One likes to visit carnivals, few wish to live in one. :D

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Gosh folks. This whole post reminded me of the seawalls wars. I do agree with the Sheepster though. We first started coming down in the 70's - having fled Destin due to over development. We stayed at the Seagrove Motel. So beautiful. Grayton Beach was wonderful. Then came Seaside and the rest of is history. We moved our vacation spots further east on 30A - thought we had carved out a spot to vacation that was still in a pristine condition - then came Rosemary Beach and whatever else is down there now. The laid-back atmosphere that made 30A so special is gone. Don't get me wrong - I would live there if I could afford it. For an older gal like me, change is hard and in my view, the change on 30A is not what I wanted to see.
Sheepster?

Down on Cape San Blas we have two subdivisions, they are St. Joe lookalikes (WaterWhatever, never can keep those names straight). We stayed in a nice house, Florida style, lot must be thirty foot wide, we were one of a few homes built in Ovation. Mrs.TheSheep started on this, "we could do this, we could live here, we could......."

TheSheep put the Mrs. into the sheep trailer and hauled her loverly butt to SoWal.

"This is your future" speaketh TheSheep.

Let's listen in as she comments!!

:welcome: :eek: :shock: :sosad: :nono1: :nono1: :bang: :eek: :banned: :doh: :party: :party: :puke:

Last edited:

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Ahhh...you may have it here! Mostly here to "flame" and practice his "prattle"??

Or you may be hectares off.

Listen and learn, take notes.

There is a wondros psychological profile that has to do with risk assessment and the difference between what we perceive and what is real. Security is a feeling and a reality, they're not the same though.

Behavioral economics looks at human biases that are emotional, social, and cognitive and how they affect economic decisions. Following that is the psychology of decision-making which examines how we make decisions. Both look at the concept of risk with behavioral economics more in relation to economic risk, and the psychology of decision-making more generally in terms of security risks.

The savvy developer knows more about you than you do, no sheep crap.

Care to know more?

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
:razz: You lucky lady. It's so refreshing to see a lady proud of her years. :roll: I went to Norcross and Chamblee.
Yes and its newest monker, Chambodia, is a shame...although well deserved.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
the sheep seems quite intent on self fluffing,
answering every post instead of a simple blanket answer.
for someone who is trying to understand the draw,
you appear to be creating quite a distance between yourself
and the rest of the community. maybe alpharetta is where you
should be seeking greener pastures.
Ask specific, receive specific.

Here is specific for you to ponder. The risk-benefit analysis of living on or nea the Gulf.

Most people are less afraid of risks if the risk also confers some benefits they want. People risk injury or death in an earthquake by living in SoWal or Los Angeles because they like those areas, or they can find work there. SoWal is not about work and for the benefits, the risk is high. The density is throttling yet sheeple still want "in."

Please explain that to a Vulcan. :dunno:

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Fess up sheep...you got a thesarsus for Christmas...right?

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
I, for one, like that TheSheep prefers greener pastures. If SoWal was everyone's favorite just think how crowded our pristine beaches would be. Having lived along the coast of California, Texas, three other areas in Florida and up and down the Atlantic Seaboard I know that it would not be pretty and talk about high density.:eek: No, SoWal is just fine for me. :love: Plus we do have the BEST people. I :love: my SoWal peeps!!!!
All the beeyotiful sheeple live in SoWal, they are the best <looking arond to make sure that everyone notices that TheSheep is one of the SoWal herd>, I love it in SoWal. Everyone os so coooooool Yeah, Us :!: :!:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
All the beeyotiful sheeple live in SoWal, they are the best <looking arond to make sure that everyone notices that TheSheep is one of the SoWal herd>, I love it in SoWal. Everyone os so coooooool Yeah, Us :!: :!:

So to TheSheep, Best People=Beautiful People? Hmm, telling.