• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
hey indigo jill i did put an ad but remember sunday was April's fools and no one "traveled" to see sheryl that day and most of the people came out to see cadillac willie ,some did get fooled but everyone was in good spirit
also i did ask sheryl if it would be ok ,she was in town two weeks ago
"druming" up business was not the intension of this prank
indigo jill i'm sorry i offended you or disturbed you, you said in another post you stoped by the studio that day ,are you near the sea bar?
if you are welcome to the area ,come in and introduce yourself sometimes hope u can see the humour in all this

i will have to say it was a funny prank but i have never seen that many people at the seabar and i know it was not for cadillac willie or the boiled skrimp :funn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
i will have to say it was a funny prank but i have never seen that many people at the seabar and i know it was not for cadillac willie or the boiled skrimp :funn:
Maybe, but this week is also busier than the week of July 4. This is Atlanta high school's spring break and in addition to those people, we have many people spending Easter here.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
hey indigo jill i did put an ad but remember sunday was April's fools and no one "traveled" to see sheryl that day and most of the people came out to see cadillac willie ,some did get fooled but everyone was in good spirit
also i did ask sheryl if it would be ok ,she was in town two weeks ago
"druming" up business was not the intension of this prank
indigo jill i'm sorry i offended you or disturbed you, you said in another post you stoped by the studio that day ,are you near the sea bar?
if you are welcome to the area ,come in and introduce yourself sometimes hope u can see the humour in all this

Hey Oli - oh no, no offense here! Just was lost there for a moment - but again, as I said, I'm terribly gullable! It just didn't register that it was an April Fools joke until SJ finally let me in on it! And I had heard from some friends that went Sunday (thinking they were going to see Sheryl, too :D ) said they overheard some people talking that they had traveled to be there for the Sheryl Crow concert. Actually, considering the turnout you all had, I don't feel quite so stupid now for not getting it until a few days later ... there are others as gullable as me :clap_1:

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Maybe, but this week is also busier than the week of July 4. This is Atlanta high school's spring break and in addition to those people, we have many people spending Easter here.

i disagree. i was there (were you :scratch:) and there were tons of locals.
some where very angry questioning why this prank would be pulled at the beging of the season when they are looking for business. i simply reminded them it was april fools :funn: i thought it was funny. the only thing that would have made it better would be if dikki du played instead :love:

p.s easter crowd starts this weekend :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Many of the Easter crowd are here presently. I'm with you, I think it is funny that people don't get April Fools jokes. Suckas!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Many of the Easter crowd are here presently. I'm with you, I think it is funny that people don't get April Fools jokes. Suckas!

I love the Seabar April Fool's Day joke! and I would have gone just for the funn of it except we knew it would be too many people. we've got all summer to enjoy it... :love: maybe sheryl will make an appearance some day! when we least expect it...

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
I saw all those cars parked too, and was wonderin' what was goin' on. Hey we were at Eden Garden the weekend before that and heard some band called somethin' Zydeco playin' thru the woods. They sounded really good. :cool: Hubby kept sayin' there must be a bar back there but I think it was a big partay :razz: cuz there's a school and churches too close for a bar. Wonder who the band was? Bet ya'll know...