• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What to do withleaves?

New posts
Wait an ever-lovin' minute--you rake your own leaves (and the key word is "rake") and you don't own a lawnmower? What kind of parallel landscaping universe do y'all live in?
 
Wait an ever-lovin' minute--you rake your own leaves (and the key word is "rake") and you don't own a lawnmower? What kind of parallel landscaping universe do y'all live in?
:lol: I don't own lawnmower because I have 36 blades of grass. I weed eat the other stuff or just stomp it. But I have lots of leaves.
 
:lol: I don't own lawnmower because I have 36 blades of grass. I weed eat the other stuff or just stomp it. But I have lots of leaves.

You can still do what NoHall says. A leaf blower with a vacuum on it--sucking not blowing--will chomp the leaves in no time flat and you can use them to enrich your soil. Leaves are too good to waste. Don't send them to the trash man!! :bang:
 
You can still do what NoHall says. A leaf blower with a vacuum on it--sucking not blowing--will chomp the leaves in no time flat and you can use them to enrich your soil. Leaves are too good to waste. Don't send them to the trash man!! :bang:
We do the exact thing. Mr. JR even has a compost in the back corner.
 
A lot of times I just dump 'em in my beds and mulch over them. (Not a good idea with Magnolia leaves, though--they take forever to break down. Just rake/blow them back up under the tree.) The beds look a little bit bloated for a few days, but then they mash on down.

This is also an excellent way to control weeds.
 
A lot of times I just dump 'em in my beds and mulch over them. (Not a good idea with Magnolia leaves, though--they take forever to break down. Just rake/blow them back up under the tree.) The beds look a little bit bloated for a few days, but then they mash on down.

This is also an excellent way to control weeds.

Hate magnolia leaves. :bang:
 
A lot of times I just dump 'em in my beds and mulch over them. (Not a good idea with Magnolia leaves, though--they take forever to break down. Just rake/blow them back up under the tree.) The beds look a little bit bloated for a few days, but then they mash on down.

This is also an excellent way to control weeds.


And not to make mention of all that lovely nitrogen feeding the soil. :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top