NoHall
hmmmm......can't remember
I don't think anyone owns a lawnmower here, do they?![]()
:roll: Oh, good grief--NEVERMIND!
Bah, humbug...
I don't think anyone owns a lawnmower here, do they?![]()
Wait an ever-lovin' minute--you rake your own leaves (and the key word is "rake") and you don't own a lawnmower? What kind of parallel landscaping universe do y'all live in?
I don't own lawnmower because I have 36 blades of grass. I weed eat the other stuff or just stomp it. But I have lots of leaves.I don't own lawnmower because I have 36 blades of grass. I weed eat the other stuff or just stomp it. But I have lots of leaves.

We do the exact thing. Mr. JR even has a compost in the back corner.You can still do what NoHall says. A leaf blower with a vacuum on it--sucking not blowing--will chomp the leaves in no time flat and you can use them to enrich your soil. Leaves are too good to waste. Don't send them to the trash man!!![]()
A lot of times I just dump 'em in my beds and mulch over them. (Not a good idea with Magnolia leaves, though--they take forever to break down. Just rake/blow them back up under the tree.) The beds look a little bit bloated for a few days, but then they mash on down.
This is also an excellent way to control weeds.

Hate magnolia leaves.![]()
...omg, I knew you were going to say that. You must really hate it when the wind blows those magnolia leaves around!!!A lot of times I just dump 'em in my beds and mulch over them. (Not a good idea with Magnolia leaves, though--they take forever to break down. Just rake/blow them back up under the tree.) The beds look a little bit bloated for a few days, but then they mash on down.
This is also an excellent way to control weeds.
