• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
We are moving back to Point Washington on Eden Drive and are very skeered that we are going to miss key football games again. Does anyone know if and when cable is going to be run out there? We had Dish Network before and they wouldn't let us have local channels. We missed a lot of games, even with the NFL network.
Any one have any advice?:bang:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Not sure, but you can find a couple of NFL coaches in SoWal, and plenty of players.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
SoWal = DirecTV.com, which offers network feeds from both coasts with waivers from the local affiliates. And NFL Sunday ticket has tons of games in HD.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
How long ago were you on Dish? We have Dish Network with local channels, with the exception of CBS as they don't consider an Alabama station "local." Far as I know, NFL Sunday Ticket is available, if desired.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
SoWal = DirecTV.com, which offers network feeds from both coasts with waivers from the local affiliates. And NFL Sunday ticket has tons of games in HD.

I have direct TV in pw and do not get CBS although my mother has Dish Network and gets all local channels and she lives next door.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida

Kurt, did you have to fight the Dothan CBS station like I did? Funny how both the Panama City stations could care less, but Dothan, 100 miles away, didn't want to release me. Pressed the issue and got it done- I really like having the NY and LA feeds.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have direct TV in pw and do not get CBS although my mother has Dish Network and gets all local channels and she lives next door.

Tell DirecTV that, and that other DirecTV customers who are neighbors have waivers for CBS, and that you would hate to have to switch to Dish network.