• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Favorite Web Site

New posts
I forgot to mention this one...but since the math nerds are out in force, I felt the letters nerds needed to represent....

http://www.pemberley.com/

CAUTION!!! Do NOT post. Lurk only. You have been warned. They make the wenches look like the freaking Welcome Wagon!
 
I forgot to mention this one...but since the math nerds are out in force, I felt the letters nerds needed to represent....

http://www.pemberley.com/

CAUTION!!! Do NOT post. Lurk only. You have been warned. They make the wenches look like the freaking Welcome Wagon!

:blink: :eek: :yikes:

(I wanna belong to that bunch!)
 
I forgot to mention this one...but since the math nerds are out in force, I felt the letters nerds needed to represent....

http://www.pemberley.com/

CAUTION!!! Do NOT post. Lurk only. You have been warned. They make the wenches look like the freaking Welcome Wagon!

I believe you will find my friend Holly here. Maybe I should find her on there and embarrass her in front of her Jane Austen friends.:lol:
 
One of my professors set me up with this one (and I'll deny it until the day I die!)

:blink:
 
Me, too. All of the "strange loops" that tie the Fibonacci numbers to so many other things are just amazing!

For example, if you take your credit card and measure the width and height and divide them, you get the Golden Ratio.

Here's one of my assignments for my freshmen classes:
1. Create an array that contains the first 90 Fibonacci numbers, where fibonacci(1)=1, fibonacci(2)=1, and for n>=3 fibonacci(n)=fibonacci(n-1)+fibonacci(n-2).
2. Use this array that shows that fibonacci(n+1)/fibonacci(n) approaches the value of the Golden Ratio, (1+the square root of 5)/2.
3. Use a two-dimensional array to prove that the following is a magic square.

2 7 6
9 5 1
4 3 8

4. Show that if you replace each number in a magic square by the corresponding Fibonacci number, the sum of products of the rows equals the sum of products of the columns.



Smart, gull! 21 is a Fibonacci number!

Geez, I'm glad I was a lowly business admin/accounting major. :blink:
 

Killed half my night.

I believe you will find my friend Holly here. Maybe I should find her on there and embarrass her in front of her Jane Austen friends.:lol:

If you do, you gotta let me watch! They'll tear you apart.

One of my professors set me up with this one (and I'll deny it until the day I die!)

:blink:

Killed the other half of my night here....

This thread is a life/time sucking vortex. But, what fun!
 
Killed the other half of my night here....

This thread is a life/time sucking vortex. But, what fun!

If you want to firmly drive the nail in the coffin of your night, be sure to go to "photos" and "queens." You'll want to :breakcomp:
:leaving:
 
Killed half my night.



If you do, you gotta let me watch! They'll tear you apart.



Killed the other half of my night here....

This thread is a life/time sucking vortex. But, what fun!

Oh...you are so right. I'll have to have more time to spend on ashleyscloset. :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top