• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Favorite Web Site

New posts
Du them hav isu's wit gramer an punctatiun @

Just for you swgb....you and I should stay here! :wave:

[SIZE=+2]Looking for a news item about a spelling fanatic...[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Written by Kathleen Margaret[/SIZE] (4/8/2008 8:23 p.m.) [FONT=verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]
My boss was telling me today about a news piece he saw this weekend about a man who wanders around the US carrying a supply of white out and sharpies, correcting spelling errors whenever and wherever he sees one. My boss and I search for a link to it but he can't recall what show it was on. I'm not even sure what wording to use in the search engines. Any ideas? My husband and our 5th grade class would love this. [/SIZE][/FONT]
 
Just for you swgb....you and I should stay here! :wave:

[SIZE=+2]Looking for a news item about a spelling fanatic...[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Written by Kathleen Margaret[/SIZE] (4/8/2008 8:23 p.m.) [FONT=verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana, Arial]My boss was telling me today about a news piece he saw this weekend about a man who wanders around the US carrying a supply of white out and sharpies, correcting spelling errors whenever and wherever he sees one. My boss and I search for a link to it but he can't recall what show it was on. I'm not even sure what wording to use in the search engines. Any ideas? My husband and our 5th grade class would love this. [/FONT][/SIZE]

I've never been a troll, I could drive 'em nuts. :cool:
 
Just for you swgb....you and I should stay here! :wave:

[SIZE=+2]Looking for a news item about a spelling fanatic...[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Written by Kathleen Margaret[/SIZE] (4/8/2008 8:23 p.m.) [FONT=verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]
My boss was telling me today about a news piece he saw this weekend about a man who wanders around the US carrying a supply of white out and sharpies, correcting spelling errors whenever and wherever he sees one. My boss and I search for a link to it but he can't recall what show it was on. I'm not even sure what wording to use in the search engines. Any ideas? My husband and our 5th grade class would love this. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Is this him?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=87937893
 
I forgot to mention this one...but since the math nerds are out in force, I felt the letters nerds needed to represent....
Are you calling me a math nerd?:cry: ;-)

Just for you swgb....you and I should stay here! :wave:

[SIZE=+2]Looking for a news item about a spelling fanatic...[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Written by Kathleen Margaret[/SIZE] (4/8/2008 8:23 p.m.) [FONT=verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana, Arial]My boss was telling me today about a news piece he saw this weekend about a man who wanders around the US carrying a supply of white out and sharpies, correcting spelling errors whenever and wherever he sees one. My boss and I search for a link to it but he can't recall what show it was on. I'm not even sure what wording to use in the search engines. Any ideas? My husband and our 5th grade class would love this. [/FONT][/SIZE]
I am SO the grammar Nazi, even though this sentence doesn't exhibit that due to the use of "SO the." Our daughter is as well. I obsessively make corrections on signs around campus. My biggest pet peeves are the improper use of the apostrophe and the omission of the subjunctive case. I have trouble reading a document because first I have to check the grammar and punctuation before reading the content. My own biggest flaw in this context is split infinitives.

So does that make me a grammar nerd?:floor:
 
Last edited:
I had a buddy that scored a 790 on the math section of the SAT. A few of us had brought our results into class and were comparing, and this asian chick (stereotypically and statistically good at math) leaned over my buddy's shoulder and said "You ah nehhrd!" :floor:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top