• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If I am not mistaken the chairman of the taxpayers association was on TV hating the signs demanding they be removed(Bonnie McQuiston). She is very concerned about tax dollars. Just for everyones peace of mind, I'm a girly girl, who sees red when she reads your post, and hopes you feel like a dawg when you have successfully thrown 1/4 milllion dollars out the window.

We have not thrown anything out the window. The TDC has thrown this money out the window. They will say that they held meetings and workshops prior to the signs that no one showed up for and therefore is our fault. However, they made the decision with little to no public input and then act shocked that the public might get a little mad at these ugly monsters.

No dawg here.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Re: Del Stone on the Big Blue Signs

Obviously Del (dude you've got a chip on your shoulder) doesn't understand a fine wine. The sediment is normally filtered or the wine is poured carefully. He's probably never encountered this problem whilst swigging his Boone's Farm from a paper bag.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008

i experienced the same narrow mindedness living in the eastern section of jefferson county, a louisville, kentucky suburb. everyone in the west end and south end always complained that we got everything - drainage projects, etc. because everyone had money there. well, there were different classes of people there but everyone made a generalization. del stone needs to figure out how to clean up ft. walton and destin. with a myriad of billboards, some flashing, towering condo's, a downtown in ft. walton beach that has so much potential but has been left to disintegrate, i think that should keep him busy. i can assure you if everyone in south walton decided to just leave the blue signs, it would be the beginning of a nightmare. speaking of signs, what's with the two tall, square signs outside of redfish village by 30a & 83? someone who has a business in there was told that those signs were temporary but they are not - both business received a permit. what are they going to do - line up big square signs everytime a business opens there? that's where monument signs work - just slide names of all the businesses in and remove and replace them when businesses change. a no-brainer.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007

At a minimum $250K down the drain why didn't the TDC come up with a backbone?

How many of the sign protesters would pony up the bucks to replace them?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

At a minimum $250K down the drain why didn't the TDC come up with a backbone?

How many of the sign protesters would pony up the bucks to replace them?

You are aptly named.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Beachfool, I think the better question is, what fool would remove perfectly good signs only to replace them with horrid-looking signs which costs more than $5,200 each?