• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

It's TOO quiet!

New posts
Yes! It is so great to not spend 15 minutes flat-ironing my hair, only to have it frizz up about 60 seconds after walking out the door. Thanks for asking.

Wish you had been at the soir?e, gull!

I'm happy for you! I've always had bad beach hair so I feel ya. I wish I coulda been there too.
 
About the time you put this thread up, I was at Franny's saying, "I bet it's awfully quiet on SoWal right now..."

It's not quiet anymore, but I'm pouting. I'm glad to be home (and I still love being greeted by the Blue Ridge every time I come back,) but I'm sorry I'm not there. I wish I had a couple of days to sit on the beach and read trashy books. I wish I had been able to eat at Amore's tonight. I wish I had gone surfing at some point this weekend.

At the end of the Chronicles of Narnia, when they're in the book's version of heaven, they can stand in the mountains of Narnia and look across and see their home in England. The "further up and further in" they go, the closer they are to all the places they loved when they were alive. I think C.S. Lewis got it right...it would be heaven to see the white sand and clear water of SoWal from my home in the foothills and vice-versa.
 
At the end of the Chronicles of Narnia, when they're in the book's version of heaven, they can stand in the mountains of Narnia and look across and see their home in England. The "further up and further in" they go, the closer they are to all the places they loved when they were alive. I think C.S. Lewis got it right...it would be heaven to see the white sand and clear water of SoWal from my home in the foothills and vice-versa.

You rock. :clap:

I love this post... can't say anything else, cause I'll get all schmaltzy and verklempt.
 
About the time you put this thread up, I was at Franny's saying, "I bet it's awfully quiet on SoWal right now..."

It's not quiet anymore, but I'm pouting. I'm glad to be home (and I still love being greeted by the Blue Ridge every time I come back,) but I'm sorry I'm not there. I wish I had a couple of days to sit on the beach and read trashy books. I wish I had been able to eat at Amore's tonight. I wish I had gone surfing at some point this weekend.

At the end of the Chronicles of Narnia, when they're in the book's version of heaven, they can stand in the mountains of Narnia and look across and see their home in England. The "further up and further in" they go, the closer they are to all the places they loved when they were alive. I think C.S. Lewis got it right...it would be heaven to see the white sand and clear water of SoWal from my home in the foothills and vice-versa.

Damn you, NoHall!!

You've gone and made me cry!
 
Speaking of quiet, I am losing my voice. :angry:, okay y'all, stop applauding.
 
Lost mine, too. My students are thrilled. :roll:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top