• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NE SoWaller

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
I haven't posted in a while, and I got a little message to say hi. Being in Nebraska and everything it is hard to post on things you don't really know about. However, the bigger thing that sucks is that we can't come for our week in August, and that really upsets (clean words) me. The printing business is just not that good right now. Anyway, we will definitely miss Seaside this year, plus all the wonderful restaurants and darn nice locals that make our 30-A stays so great. Will live vicariously through all of you locals and frequent visitors. Njoy for me!!!

:angry:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
That does soooo suck, NES. I know how I'd feel if I didn't get to go. Here's hoping your situation improves and you can get there ASAP! :wave:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Sorry to hear this.....being able to look forward to paradise is a good thing, not being able to get there is an awful thing :sosad:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Sorry you are not going to get to make your trip to the beach this year. I too in past years have not been able to make my trip and it had me just downright sad! :sosad: So I can relate. BTW, those sure are two cuties in your avatar.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:wave: So sorry to hear your family will miss the beach this year. :sosad: We all can certainly understand when business is down. I hope this summer will be good for your business and maybe you can come in the fall or winter....it's wonderful here in the slow months too!

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
I'm so sorry for both of you NE Sowal'r and Poodleone. :sosad:

I hope you can come sooner rather than later! Meanwhile, you can have visits in your imagination by checking out the various beach cams. I've done this when out of town and homesick.

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
Definitely, Justalocal- I look at the two Blue Mtn Beach cams (that the owner of the condo we have stayed in keeps running) almost every day, sometimes several times a day! It does help. Plus lurking on Sowal.com helps with the beach homesickness.....

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
We have the beginnings of a support group.

However, Johnrudy, I am going to be in Chicago for the 4th of July weekend (husband's family reunion).