• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is Sowal Ready for Full time Yankees?

New posts
:funn:...and might I add, Hotta' thaan Hail!

No lie! I sweated through the golf tourney yesterday! At least we had some shade and a little breeze, but when I got home, all my clothes, and I mean ALL my clothes were soaking wet.:eek:
 
No lie! I sweated through the golf tourney yesterday! At least we had some shade and a little breeze, but when I got home, all my clothes, and I mean ALL my clothes were soaking wet.:eek:

I thought about you :eek:...we hit 100 yesterday (third time this year). It is going to be an ugly one. Mr. K is checking out Canada for a vacay. I almost don't care about getting on a plane. :biggrin:
 
I thought about you :eek:...we hit 100 yesterday (third time this year). It is going to be an ugly one. Mr. K is checking out Canada for a vacay. I almost don't care about getting on a plane. :biggrin:


I 'm not sure even the heat (which I LOVE, BTW!) would get me on a plane:eek:
 
Friends have told us the differnece between yankees and damn yankees is that the yankees come for an visit and leave whereas the damn yankees stay. From one damn yankee to another - welcome.

I've been a damn yankee since 1987. :wave:

We called it soda in Pennsylvania. As in "Mom, can I get a soda?" Of course, when ordering, you always told the waiter exactly what you wanted....Sprite, root beer, etc.

I think they call it pop in Indiana where my husband's family is from.
 
I've been a damn yankee since 1987. :wave:

We called it soda in Pennsylvania. As in "Mom, can I get a soda?" Of course, when ordering, you always told the waiter exactly what you wanted....Sprite, root beer, etc.

I think they call it pop in Indiana where my husband's family is from.


you would be correct - we say pop
 
I just read the title of this thread again (and I'm PUI--Benedryl) and had to ask: If you move to the SoWal, will y'all really be full-time Yankees anymore? Seems to me that you'll be full-time SoWallers.





And no respectable Southerner considers Florida to be part of the South.:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top