• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Hello to Everyone!:clap::welcome:This is really long and will require patience!
My name is Danielle and for the past 10 years. I have always financed my animal rescue "Ruff Haus" personally through my career and picking up other jobs to help supplement. Due to my career loss and unemployment, I now find myself asking for help from the community and the surrounding area's. I know that times are tough for most of us but please know that it's really out of character for me to ask for help. I have never asked for any kind of donations in the past so this is very new for me and hard for me. I am just worried about keeping my rescue going and giving all of the animals the proper love and care they need. It's a long list but various people have and prefer to donate specific items. I will pick up all items personally. I am hoping for the following donations:

Purina Dog Chow-15 dogs eat a 45lb bag every 4 days about 5-6 Large Bags a Month. Best Prices at Sams and Walmart, must be Purina Dog Chow Green Bag to avoid stomach issue's, number of dogs fluctuates up to 25 sometimes
Purina Puppy Chow-no puppies right now but if donated, I will transfer to other local rescues. ie., Alaqua, AdoptADogmyway, and PawPaws.
Milkbones-14lb box at Sam's is $9.00...Best Price and Qty
-must be Milkbone Brand to avoid sensitive stomach issue's. Great for tarter and general snacks.
Milkbone Brand Marro Bone Treat-red bag, best price at Walmart
Cheweez Busy Bones-Burgandy and Clear Colored Wrapper 3pks and 2pks, rolled beef rawhide with stuff in the middle, excellent for tartar control and highly energetic pups
Aluminum Bowls-small, medium, and large
Aluminum Buckets for Water
Raised Food Bowl Holders for medium to large bowls
Dog Beds-mostly need large and extra large, small & medium can also work, Crate bed pads
Blankets/Comforters-moving blankets work great, comforters, sheets, quilts, bathroom rugs/mats
Large Dog Crates/Kennels/Pens-pet carriers, black wire cages, and if it all possible a highly heavy duty break through proof cage/kennel would be very helpful. The heavy duty break through proof cages are very expensive but I really need a minimum of one to start, ie., Proselect Empire Cage
Towels-any size, good sized absorbent if possible
Toys-prefer large ropes, squeaky balls, squeaky toys
Collars & Leashes-prefer 6ft Nylon Leashes, Nylon Adjust Collars
prefer Nylon Adjustable Harnesses because they are safer and easier for training
Mats-rubber nonslip mats, ie., large thick black mats at Home Depot measuring around 3x3, usually used in garages, restaurants, good for standing on. I like to use them under the dog beds
Twin Size Mattresses,
X-Large Dog Doors from Home Depot
Dog Ramps for loading and unloading to vehicles, tubs, etc.
Vehicle Fence/Cage Barrier for large SUV's-need 2 or more
Leather/Vinyl Ottomans-prefer large size, used as step for older
arthritic animals and also can be used as bed. I like the leather/vinyl for
comfort, last a long time, and are easy to clean....
5 Gallon Buckets
Grooming Supplies, Clippers, #10 Oster Blades,
Plywood and Wood Fence Pickets/Panels
Heavy Duty Long Water Hoses
Household Interior Large Trash Cans and Exterior Lg Trash Cans, Heavy Duty Kitchen and Lawn Trash Bags,
Commercial Mop Buckets, Mops and Mop Heads
Commercial Brooms and Long Handled Dust Pans
Poop Scoopers-prefer straight spade wood handled, rakes accepted of course, aluminum get slippery and tend to fatigue the hands
Carpenter to build/convert two sets of stairs to have ramps
for the elderly and arthritic seniors

Please Call: Danielle Snyder (850) 865-9344 (lv message)
with any questions or donations!

**Monetary Donations** are also accepted and appreciated of course-all monies will go to vet care, vaccinations, spay& neuter, surgeries, heart worm treatments, baths and nail trims, dog food, and more.

Donations can be made payable to Danielle Snyder and mailed to P.O. Box 2214, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459 and/or put on account on my behalf at the Village Veterinarian by mail/person to/at 155 Stahlman Ave, Destin, FL 32541or called in via Credit Card to (850) 837-9261,
File#98 Danielle Snyder.

**I mostly handle dogs but I do get calls and assist with various other animals such as cats/kittens, horses, farm animals, and wild animals. Donations of Litter Boxes, Scoopers, Cat Litter, Purina Cat Food, Purina Kitten Food, Towels, Bowls, Collars, Pet Cat Carriers, Cat/Kitten Toys will also be used or transferred to other rescues where the need is most. Horse items such as good quality feeding hay, treats, bridles, saddles, blankets, feeding pans and containers, grooming supplies, etc and monetary donations. I will distribute overages and unneeded supplies and donations to Alaqua and other rescues in need.

**Disclosure**: I have always financed my rescue myself so I have
postponed getting incorporated non-for-profit. I have a friend in law who
has offered to do it as a donation and I am just waiting for them to get it completed. Once the Incorporation is completed, I will be happy to mail and deliver receipts to all those who donate. Please provide me with your name, address, phone number, and email address when donating so I can mail you receipts and general thank you cards, etc...

Please note that I have applied for jobs online ie., monster.com, careerbuilder, panamacityhelpwanted, hotjobs, snagajob, and several direct company sites. Only 2% of these job postings get offered to external applicants. Most companies hire internally or through referral/friends/family ("who you know") and only post the jobs to meet their HR requirements. I have also applied to at least 20 restaurants. I have an excellent resume starting with a B.B.A from UGA concentration in Business/Accounting/Finance/Real Estate and an outstanding work experience background. I am extremely in need of a
server, preferably cocktail server position full time, prefer nights only 7 days a week, for the long term and I am wanting to get into restaurant management in the near future. I have applied at Bayou Bills for the reopening of the SRB location. If anyone can refer me to Bill and his management staff, I would be so appreciative. There are just so many job applicants that it has become hard to compete and even quite overwhelming for employers.

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
About that job hunt. I can tell you from experience that real estate agents are having some what of a hard time finding employment. The problem is alot of the employers that are hiring are throwing real estate agent applications in the trash they are assuming that when the market turns around you will go off and start selling real estate again.

When my daughter interviewed for two different full-time job positions both employers said they had many real estate agents that applied and that they were not interested in hiring them do to them leaving when the market turns back around.

If you truely plan to change careers make sure the employer knows it and believes it. Or just be honest and tell them you are apply for seasonal work. You may have to go in the door as a hostess first.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Job Hunting for RE Agents

About that job hunt. I can tell you from experience that real estate agents are having some what of a hard time finding employment. The problem is alot of the employers that are hiring are throwing real estate agent applications in the trash they are assuming that when the market turns around you will go off and start selling real estate again.

When my daughter interviewed for two different full-time job positions both employers said they had many real estate agents that applied and that they were not interested in hiring them do to them leaving when the market turns back around.

If you truely plan to change careers make sure the employer knows it and believes it. Or just be honest and tell them you are apply for seasonal work. You may have to go in the door as a hostess first.

You are so right about that. I learned from a couple of friends who have businesses to not put my real estate agent info on the applications or if I did, to just put that I was/am an administrative assistant or office manager. I do follow up on my applications by phone and in person. Some employers such as Bayou Bills just finally pulled the applicants yesterday and are suppose to start calling and interviewing any day now. I plan to just go back up there again. Other employers aren't hiring till March 1st. I have been in real estate for a long time and I always had a restaurant job at night and did my real estate during the day plus worked at a vet clinic. I moved away for a little while and since I have been back, it's been practically impossible to get a job. I don't plan to be seasonal. I have worked in restaurants for many years and I am hoping to make a career change into restaurant management. Real Estate has never been a stable career for me anyway even though I did have a couple of good years in 2004 and 2005. Well if you hear of anything job wise, please let me know. I plan to go back up to Bayou Bills tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky!
Thanks for your response!!!

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Food Donation

I will definitely donate some food to your organization. Come on SOWAL!!

Thanks so much! Please just let me know when you are ready to and I will
make arrangements to pick it up from you. I really appreciate the positive
feedback I am getting. I was scared someone would get mad and criticize me.
I just know I have always donated in the past to other rescues and charities so
I thought it was time to let the community know that I am struggling with my rescue and could use some help. You can email me at realtordanielle@earthlink.net and/or call me 850-865-9344.
Danielle

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Thanks so much! Please just let me know when you are ready to and I will
make arrangements to pick it up from you. I really appreciate the positive
feedback I am getting. I was scared someone would get mad and criticize me.
I just know I have always donated in the past to other rescues and charities so
I thought it was time to let the community know that I am struggling with my rescue and could use some help. You can email me at realtordanielle@earthlink.net and/or call me 850-865-9344.
Danielle

Do you have a website?

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
How far will I drive for work? Any distance for the right job!

How far are you willing to drive for work?

I am willing to commute any distance for the right job position. If I get a great
job offer with a good salary and benefits or even a high hourly wage, I don't mind
commuting at all. I also don't mind working 60-80 hours a week and 7 days a week as long as I can support my household and not need a 2nd job. I would also be willing to relocate as soon as I could. I just want and need a full-time long term career position for the next 10-20 years. Thank you for your response to my ad. I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions or job leads you could send me. Thanks again and take care!

Danielle

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
This probably needs to be moved to its own thread, but I just have to ask. How many of these dog/animal rescue groups have we got operating in Walton County in addition to the one we are all paying for with our tax dollars? Where in the world are these huge number of dogs being kept/housed?

This is starting to indicate that we have this massive animal rescue problem going on that I guess I just never realized. Personally, I love them. I am raising a total of nine now, five of which were drop-offs. Not counting however many cats we have left. And it does get expensive. I know several families that have a half dozen or so dogs that were rescued.

I guess I am saying this because we really need to try to address the root cause of what is becoming a very serious problem in this area.

I wonder what the county is now spending on animal control and if this job could not be handled a lot cheaper by all of these volunteers?

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Do you have a website?

Hi Shelly,

I used to have a website for my real estate and it had a link to my dog rescue. I had to let it go last year due to having to re-prioritize my bills. I never actively utilized the dog rescue link. I get a lot of calls just from word of mouth and my general network of animal rescue friends. And I always just paid for it myself. I will have a new animal rescue website built in a couple of months. My websites were actually built for free. The main cost came in from godaddy.com to just make the website active, have several search domains, and most importantly a travel host and one more thing. It was costing $350 plus a year and not actively being used so it was easy to put it on the cancel list. I will let you know when I have one again. Thanks for your response!

Danielle