• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
"Originally Posted by Interested Girl
You can leave those things out on your own property anytime you choose. Geeze Louise"

You make that sound like a universal statement. It is inaccurate. Owning property doesn't come with unlimited rights. If you think that you can leave junk cars on blocks in your driveway, many local governments in the State of FL and other states, will fine you and haul off your clunkers, and CHARGE you for storage. Subdivsions also often have written covenants not allowing property owners to leave crap in the yards.

Where in my post did I imply or state anything about a right to leave junked cars or clunkers on my property. I made a statement about lawn chairs.

Yes covenants sometimes restrict useage. In that case I was made aware of those restrictions prior to purchase. in any case restrictions within a subdivision are not enforced other than through some legal action by another owner or through the HOA and not through some "Whack-A-Doodle" vigilante or certain people stumbling around in the dark on private property.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Finally someone who might know. You guys get $80K a year in tax money to run that program. Do turtle walkers get paid? What do you do with the money?
Oh come on, wrobert. My wife and I "turtle watched" one year at Topsail. NO ONE GETS PAID, to the best of my knowledge. I know we certainly didn't nor did we expect to. wrobert, I have the deepest respect for you but you obviously know nothing about the beach situation in Walton County so, with all due respect, may I suggest you keep informing us on things you DO know about.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I was sitting reading your replies, as a newbie here I was set on keeping this comment to myself. But for some reason as I kept staring at your last reply I noticed your avatar. Now I can fully understand your replies on this thread! Anyone wanting to put a 3rd Bush in office needs to be tied to the tent when the CRAZED SLASHER comes at night !:bang: Sorry you just rubbed me the wrong way. Ash seems as others to be doing something they enjoy and at the same time they are helping save lives! (Turtles) But now knowing that you publicly support a family that would kill anything for money I understand your response!:pissed:

[/ANGER OFF]
Your anger may be off but you turned mine on! This thread has nothing to do with party politics. If you want to diss wrobert for his avatar, create another thread to do it in. Many defended your right to say and do whatever you want by putting in many years to "kill anything for money". We didn't like it but because we had taken an oath to do so, we did it. Now, my ANGER OFF.

oneluckylove

Beach Comber
Jan 12, 2009
Seacrest Beach
I have never posted on this site, but visit it frequently and have pretty much had the divine blessing of growing up in the area. My parents owned a beach house in old Seacrest starting in 1984. I have seen the entire 30A grow and blossom with me in life.

Although this event has brought many issues and angles about what we are ALL passionate about - our beaches - I feel that many of you are missing the fact that our culture as a whole has gotten extremely lazy. I think I read one person that mentioned this laziness . . . in all 3 pages of posts.

Timing is everything, this has been building for the past five years. If we as a community along with our law enforcement officials don't put a stop to the carelessness and disregard of the beach and nature here, then this will be a never ending lose-lose battle. Nobody is winning right now - not us, not the turtles, not the animals in our habitat and apparently not the tourists who feel they have been victimized.

I am not sure what exactly happened with Ms. Mary, but I too have had my moments of disappointment on the beach and although not part of the Turtle Watch I too pick up trash and fill in holes on my almost daily walks along the beach. I have had the opportunity to explain these actions to tourists and most are understanding and happy to help after they know. BUT, our culture has gotten lazy and unless they have a good reason to do something, most people won't do it anymore. The old fashioned values have been lost and the "me now" generation.

I have to agree with Gigdet on the fact that if we take all of this passion for the beach (and that is the 1 and only thing we all have in common on this thread) and use it to come up with solutions, then we would really be doing something good for the community. Now, how in the world could we actually have it enforced????

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009
beanstalk-albums-beanstalks-picture4432-1023-war-bonds.jpg
Many defended your right to say and do whatever you want by putting in many years to "kill anything for money". We didn't like it but because we had taken an oath to do so, we did it. Now, my ANGER OFF.

Thank you for including me in your post! Andy WE defended the right to have an OPINION as well, and that was mine.. And in turn you gave yours, Now... ain't FREEDOM just wonderful!:clap:

Oh and the Bush Family, IMO (That means in MY OPINION) were responsible for many that died. But as you said thats another thread. Go start one for the Bush LOVERS and I will meet you there! :lolabove:

Come have a glass of wine with us tonight, We will be at Angelina's Around 6pm if they are still open. Oh and if we finish here tonight, we should but ya never know. ;-)

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
And I really resent this comment, particularly since it is coming from someone I believe is wanting to claim old 98 a "scenic highway".

Andy - I agree - sometimes we group people together and assign a phrase or cute remark - It is not right and I appologize to all for my lack of judgement. Nothing added to the discussion by that post and I can only say I am sorry.

Actually I think declaring old 98 a "scenic highway" is a joke. Nothing scenic about the back side of high rise after high rise. Do I think the area has been neglected in the past - yes, but scenic "Give Me A Break".:rotfl:

I respect your opinion and we agree on more things than not.

You stand as a man and express your viewpoint and I respect that.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Where in my post did I imply or state anything about a right to leave junked cars or clunkers on my property. I made a statement about lawn chairs.

Yes covenants sometimes restrict useage. In that case I was made aware of those restrictions prior to purchase. in any case restrictions within a subdivision are not enforced other than through some legal action by another owner or through the HOA and not through some "Whack-A-Doodle" vigilante or certain people stumbling around in the dark on private property.

Posted via Mobile Device

...and I suppose no one who purchased property, deeded to the water, did their due diligence and noticed that the public was using the beach to sunbath and play. That is something you should have observed, without having to need it disclosed.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
beanstalk-albums-beanstalks-picture4432-1023-war-bonds.jpg

Thank you for including me in your post! Andy WE defended the right to have an OPINION as well, and that was mine.. And in turn you gave yours, Now... ain't FREEDOM just wonderful!:clap:

Oh and the Bush Family, IMO (That means in MY OPINION) were responsible for many that died. But as you said thats another thread. Go start one for the Bush LOVERS and I will meet you there! :lolabove:

Come have a glass of wine with us tonight, We will be at Angelina's Around 6pm if they are still open. Oh and if we finish here tonight, we should but ya never know. ;-)
Sorry can't make it tonight as my daughter is here from Oklahoma. But I'll take a raincheck. And, yes, freedom is wonderful! And, no, I don't agree with you about the Bush family any more than you would probably agree with me about the Johnson family.