• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

CIA and torture

New posts
I know it is wrong but I'm just being honest-

Part of me wishes the hardcore stuff was going on but that the media never reported it and we never knew about it. I'm not talking about cops rounding up folks who break the law and beating them to get aggression out. I'm talking about special ops/super secret CIA types capturing people who bomb and kill innocents (and those who plan it/recruit youths in the name of religion) and getting medieval on them. And let the rest of us live with our ideals in ignorant bliss...
 
Last edited:
After 9-11 this country and this area was awash in patriotism. Caught up in the trauma of what had taken place, I don't recall anyone on either side of any "aisle" feeling sorry for the fanatical terrorists who have no regard for human life. Actually, I dont remember an "aisle." Flags were flying, murals were being painted on contractors toolsheds, even certain businesses did not mind displaying their support publicly.
I say, in the name of humanitarianism, we let all of the detainees loose in our country, give them free health-care, have a beer in the backyard of the whitehouse, and take turns on the playground equiment.
Our economy is in serious trouble, unemployment is soaring, the healthcare bill is a massively important issue for everyone whether an advocate or opposed.
and not only are we beating a dead horse, we have exhumed it and are beating it again.
amazing!
 
Where were the airplanes and bombs when our country was founded? I am proud of my "redneck" if that is what it means to be a Conservative Patriot who wants to see our country regain its rightful place in the world. NO - I do not want to be a part of the World Order. The United States of America is superior to other countries because of our Constitution and the spirit of the founding fathers still alive in many of us. We will do what is necessary to protect our country, its citizens and defend our Constitution and way of life.

Thanks for crawling off your cross putting on your flag snuggie and slamming that out.

I'd like to see President Obama simply deal with one thing at a time. Apparently that's all conservatives are able to comprehend. Health care is at the forefront so torture, wars, economy, and all that other "pesky" crap can wait, right? That's what the oh so proud to be a redneck folks want right?
 
I know it is wrong but I'm just being honest-

Part of me wishes the hardcore stuff was going on but that the media never reported it and we never knew about it. I'm not talking about cops rounding up folks who break the law and beating them to get aggression out. I'm talking about special ops/super secret CIA types capturing people who bomb and kill innocents (and those who plan it/recruit youths in the name of religion) and getting medieval on them. And let the rest of us live with our ideals in ignorant bliss...

And, I will go out on the limb with you and agree.
 
I know it is wrong but I'm just being honest-

Part of me wishes the hardcore stuff was going on but that the media never reported it and we never knew about it. I'm not talking about cops rounding up folks who break the law and beating them to get aggression out. I'm talking about special ops/super secret CIA types capturing people who bomb and kill innocents (and those who plan it/recruit youths in the name of religion) and getting medieval on them. And let the rest of us live with our ideals in ignorant bliss...


We might live in ignorant bliss but the rest of the world wouldn't.
Behavior like this will come to light because fortunately there is always that one person with a conscience and the desire to do the right thing who will reveal it to the world.
 
nice deflection

I call it reflection. Apparently, (based on other posts) the Attorney General is never beholden to the President who appoints him (especially when such a person's career was pulled from the political salvage yard). I'll stipulate to that. I presume the AG is obligated to pursue justice no matter who's toe's he may tread upon? Is it not relevant and prudent to review a man's past who has unilateral authority to choose who/what/when/where/how Federal Prosecutions proceed (or do not proceed)??

Imagine if W had appointed a man who Bill Clinton claimed aided his pardoning decision process of a man who was Federally Indicted in the U.S. for tax evasion as well as making oil deals w/ Iran during the Iran Hostage Crisis?? Would that man then be heralded as a non-biased champion of justice? Speaking of Eric Holder's passion for blind justice regardless of collateral damage, here is additional nice reflection........

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com
President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode?which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"?began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years?action that's already illegal under existing law.
 
I call it reflection. Apparently, (based on other posts) the Attorney General is never beholden to the President who appoints him (especially when such a person's career was pulled from the political salvage yard). I'll stipulate to that. I presume the AG is obligated to pursue justice no matter who's toe's he may tread upon? Is it not relevant and prudent to review a man's past who has unilateral authority to choose who/what/when/where/how Federal Prosecutions proceed (or do not proceed)??

Imagine if W had appointed a man who Bill Clinton claimed aided his pardoning decision process of a man who was Federally Indicted in the U.S. for tax evasion as well as making oil deals w/ Iran during the Iran Hostage Crisis?? Would that man then be heralded as a non-biased champion of justice? Speaking of Eric Holder's passion for blind justice regardless of collateral damage, here is additional nice reflection........

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com
President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode?which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"?began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years?action that's already illegal under existing law.

Since you brought it up, who else was involved in Iran Contra? Don't be shy.
 
I call it reflection. Apparently, (based on other posts) the Attorney General is never beholden to the President who appoints him (especially when such a person's career was pulled from the political salvage yard). I'll stipulate to that. I presume the AG is obligated to pursue justice no matter who's toe's he may tread upon? Is it not relevant and prudent to review a man's past who has unilateral authority to choose who/what/when/where/how Federal Prosecutions proceed (or do not proceed)??

Imagine if W had appointed a man who Bill Clinton claimed aided his pardoning decision process of a man who was Federally Indicted in the U.S. for tax evasion as well as making oil deals w/ Iran during the Iran Hostage Crisis?? Would that man then be heralded as a non-biased champion of justice? Speaking of Eric Holder's passion for blind justice regardless of collateral damage, here is additional nice reflection........

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com
President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode?which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"?began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years?action that's already illegal under existing law.

A little constructive criticism. Your writing and presentation skills suck to the point of near criminality. I would venture that even those who might happen to agree with your disjointed ramblings dread the thought of reading the crap you spew out on this board. Go back to school, attend a seminar or something.
 
Since you brought it up, who else was involved in Iran Contra? Don't be shy.

I know and I assume you know as well? How many involved w/ Iran Contra did Eric Holder facilitate a Presidential Pardon? And after doing so, Holder proclaimed he was ?unaware of some aspects of Rich's background.?

If I know and you know, how did our current Attorney General not know??

Read all about it...... Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
VOA News - CIA Interrogation Report Could Lead to Prosecution of Interrogators CIA Interrogation Report Could Lead to Prosecution of Interrogators
By Carolyn Presutti
Washington
26 August 2009


Obama administration released the report under legal pressure from the American Civil Liberties Union
Obama administration released the report under legal pressure from the American Civil Liberties Union
A previously classified report on CIA interrogations of terror suspects was released Monday. The Obama administration released the report under legal pressure from the American Civil Liberties Union. The information in the report could lead to prosecutions of some who interrogated suspects during the administration of President George W. Bush.

The report is 109 pages long. Nearly half remains classified and is blacked out.

It details CIA interrogations of high profile, mainly al-Qaida, suspects in the aftermath of the World Trade Center attacks.

It lists methods used on a suspected plotter of the 2000 attack on the USS Cole, which killed 17 US sailors. The report says he was threatened with an electric drill while he was wearing a hood.

The report confirms that the self-proclaimed mastermind of the September 11 attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, was waterboarded 183 times.

It says interrogators told him his children would be killed if the US came under attack again.

Attorney General Eric Holder has appointed a prosecutor to investigate. While supporting his attorney general, President Obama has been reluctant to bring charges against interrogators if they acted within legal guidelines at the time.

"We must leave these methods where they belong - in the past," Mr. Obama said. "They are not who we are and they are not America."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top