• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kennedy's grandson invokes God for healthcare reform

New posts
Arkie, I agree with you that the statement should be revised but for different reasons. You seem to be stuck on the idea that it isn't only liberals who disrupt funerals (but that it is conservatives as well)...

I believe that only nuts do such things and that it is neither one's liberal nor conservative ideologies that would motivate them...

:idontno:

I respectfully disagree. While they may be "nuts" they are driven by their ideologies rather that be radically conservative or liberal.

My point initially was to counter the comment that :

"No, only liberals would be tacky enough to disrupt a funeral"
 
And I wish that conservatives could learn to condemn their OWN crazies....:cool:

Perhaps you could start by modifying your previous statement:

"No, only liberals would be tacky enough to disrupt a funeral"


If you look you will see I edited it. Your wish is my command.:D
 
I did not place a "political spin" on the grandson's prayer. I said that liberals, including members of his family, are using Mr. Kennedy's death to advance an agenda. Were Mr. Kennedy alive, I am sure he would encourage the effort. And I don't see a problem with that.
What I do have a problem with is the left wing smear attacks on Ms. Palin for basically doing the same thing: using an example in her personal life to further her agenda.

Let's just be consistent in our conversation, all I am asking for.:cool:


My comment on political spin was not directed at you but the original poster of this thread....

My only issue with your comments are the inaccuracy of your comment that only liberals would protest at a funeral....which you still haven't corrected.....:biggrin:

(Posted before your correction....nice adjustment on the initial comment)...+2:clap:
 
Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. While they may be "nuts" they are driven by their ideologies rather that be radically conservative or liberal.

My point initially was to counter the comment that :

"No, only liberals would be tacky enough to disrupt a funeral"


Geo is right, the cause is not what drives these people, it is their mental defect.

I am as conservative as you will find, but I would not think of disrupting a funeral of anyone. And if you look, I have tried to be respectful of Mr. Kennedy during the mourning period. While I have strong feelings about him and his politics, others respected and revered him. There is a time for everything.
Looking back, I regret even responding to this thread. While I feel liberals have unfairly attacked Ms. Palin; in retrospect, this was not the forum to air those sentiments. If I offended anyone, I apologize.
 
My comment on political spin was not directed at you but the original poster of this thread....

My only issue with your comments are the inaccuracy of your comment that only liberals would protest at a funeral....which you still haven't corrected.....:biggrin:

(Posted before your correction....nice adjustment on the initial comment)...+2:clap:


Actually the edit makes my point better. If I could afford another salary I would try and hire you as my editor in chief.:cool:
 
I guess you are correct then.....Perhaps Ms Palin is just plain nuts and it has nothing to do with her conservativeness....:biggrin:

Just couldn't resist....sorry....;-)
 
i'm so glad you keep having these conversations with yourself.:funn:it is sheer entertainment.

On behalf of both of us....our pleasure.....

Now please stop interrupting as we are now having cordials and cigars.....:cool:
 
Conservatives are prolife. Nuts bomb abortion clinics.

Conservatives oppose healthcare reform because we don't have the money to pay for it and they are concerned that gov't will get bigger and private enterprise will suffer. Nuts literally believe our president supports a nazi agenda.

Feel free to add your own...
 
Last edited:
Playing DA here...are any people bothered by the fact that the family scripted the grandchildren to make these statements about healthcare? I seriously doubt that those boys came up with those thoughts on their grandfather. At most funerals I have attended, the grandchildren tell some sentimental story about their grandparent that had meaning to them.

IJS
 
I've been to hundreds of masses. It would be "normal" to pray for something like this unless your party was pushing to name a healthcare bill after you. This is about as duplicitous as Obama's appearance at Georgetown university last in April when he asked for the christian symbols to be hidden from camera view, then a few days ago appearing on a conference call with religious leaders, claiming that opponets of the healthcare bill are "bearing false witness"
Useful idiots!

Another knee jerk reaction from persecuted Christians. Had he spoke with the symbol behind him we would have heard an uproar over a Marxist/communist Islamist (and other "ists") disrespecting a Christian place of worship. It never ends.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top