• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kennedy's grandson invokes God for healthcare reform

New posts
Playing DA here...are any people bothered by the fact that the family scripted the grandchildren to make these statements about healthcare? I seriously doubt that those boys came up with those thoughts on their grandfather. At most funerals I have attended, the grandchildren tell some sentimental story about their grandparent that had meaning to them.

IJS


I thought about that aspect. I've often seen kids "used" by adults to get their agenda pushed forward and it really irks me to no end. But you never know - he may have asked to say something about his grandfather's great wish for health care for all. The Kennedy's know politics and I am certain that this child has heard about the bickering going on in this nation regarding the simple quest to have all people covered and perhaps wanted to honor his legacy by mentioning it. Can't this just be accepted as that?

G
 
Playing DA here...are any people bothered by the fact that the family scripted the grandchildren to make these statements about healthcare? I seriously doubt that those boys came up with those thoughts on their grandfather. At most funerals I have attended, the grandchildren tell some sentimental story about their grandparent that had meaning to them.

IJS


I definitely see your point here. no doubt there were scripted statements. but there were also sentimental stories told. a few made me sniffle.

but I think the point is that the man who died has worked for decades on providing real health care to all americans, that it is a moral issue, that americans have a right to good health care, that the current health care system is a disease system. I think it is good and right and timely to talk about what he stood for and worked for over many years.

I also see how others who did not like the man, or who are against national health care, to find fault in the fact that Ted's death was used as an political opportunity. Perhaps the issue of health care could have been omitted from funeral services.. perhaps the issue could have been set aside and then discussed in relation to Ted's work, in other forums. who knows. I guess its judged purely by which side of the aisle you are sitting.
 
Last edited:
I guess you are correct then.....Perhaps Ms Palin is just plain nuts and it has nothing to do with her conservativeness....:biggrin:

Just couldn't resist....sorry....;-)
Maybe you should.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top