• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Well, maybe. I knew the gang of four legged bandits would be after my Christmas trash pile tonight, so I kept a close eye out and sure enough, I spotted some glowing eyes with my flashlight. I ran out and one of them scaled a tree, his buddy ran into the woods (good move). I kept the treed coon up there in the hope that he would be too scared to come back tonight (or in the future). All the while, his buddy was keeping vigil from about 20 yards away from the edge of the woods, his glowing eyes giving him away. Eventually the treed coon got sick of it and cautiously came down. I kept my distance but got close enough to snap some photos. The first pic is his glowing eyes up in the tree, the other two are self explanatory.:lol:

Be careful, Skunky. Around these parts, racoons are usually rabid, so I don't think of them as cute. I always accompany Pepper outside whenever she goes potty because there is a nest of racoons about 50 yards behind our home. They like to munch in our Koi pond.

I'm like Tiger Woods' wife -- I always have a golf club on hand in case I feel the need to whomp up.;-)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Be careful, Skunky. Around these parts, racoons are usually rabid, so I don't think of them as cute. I always accompany Pepper outside whenever she goes potty because there is a nest of racoons about 50 yards behind our home. They like to munch in our Koi pond.

I'm like Tiger Woods' wife -- I always have a golf club on hand in case I feel the need to whomp up.;-)

I had some security with me;-)

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I heard that raccoon wasn't exactly trembling with terror.
Poor little guy......
funny-pictures-raccoon-subprime-mortgage.jpg

It was more like this:D

raccoon_5916.jpg

Last edited:

cherijean

Beach Fanatic
Well, maybe. I knew the gang of four legged bandits would be after my Christmas trash pile tonight, so I kept a close eye out and sure enough, I spotted some glowing eyes with my flashlight. I ran out and one of them scaled a tree, his buddy ran into the woods (good move). I kept the treed coon up there in the hope that he would be too scared to come back tonight (or in the future). All the while, his buddy was keeping vigil from about 20 yards away from the edge of the woods, his glowing eyes giving him away. Eventually the treed coon got sick of it and cautiously came down. I kept my distance but got close enough to snap some photos. The first pic is his glowing eyes up in the tree, the other two are self explanatory.:lol:

I think I know these guys.... they frequent the cat food bowl on a regular basis... I tried to scare them off myself but they just stood off in the distance and waited me out!