• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Spent a half hour or so on the phone with the tech yesterday. Inconclusive. Nice to hear it is not only me. Seems a bit better now.
Seagrove, near Seagrove Highlands.
Have to say, in about four or five years with Embarq (now CenturyLink) dsl, this is really the first significant problem I have had.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Yes, finally, this afternoon the connection is back up and running smoothly. Now I have to go apologize to my computers and the Linksys router I've been yelling at for days.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I hate to say it but I just signed up for a dsl line as a backup for my Mediacrap cable internet. When it goes out, I can't work! I figure between the two of them I should be able to have constant internet. The CenturyLink lady assured me that they no longer have outages and slowness like they did last year because of government regs that would not allow that to happen. I laughed at her, told her I was purchasing as a backup to the other service that goes out just as often as theirs and then read this thread to her as proof that they do, in fact, still have problems.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
blue mountain runner i have a home in your area and also have mediacom and embarq high speed net and in 1 year never had a problem with embarq. i have the 10 meg. AR E YOU THE OLDER GENTLMEN WITH SUPER BLOND HAIR THAT RUNS ON THE BEACH DAILY ON BLUE MOUNTAIN?

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Santa Rosa Beach - Just North of 393 and 98.
So far so good this morning.

I take that back. My service was in and out all yesterday afternoon at the showroom.
This morning thoughat home in Beach Hignlands, all is well.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Old Seagrove, we've had slow and spotty service lately also.

Kurt, egg on my face but I don't know what the ctrl a ctrl c submit thing is. It sounds like a handy trick I'd like to add to my bag....

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Old Seagrove, we've had slow and spotty service lately also.

Kurt, egg on my face but I don't know what the ctrl a ctrl c submit thing is. It sounds like a handy trick I'd like to add to my bag....

After writing your post, with your cursor in the message box, Ctrl-A selects all text, Ctrl-C copies it to your clipboard. Then if your connection drops you can hit the back button and Ctrl-V in the box which pastes your text from the clipboard. All this can be accomplished in the menu and by right clicking selections but the keyboard shortcuts are easy.

In firefox when you hit the back button your text is usually still there also, but not guaranteed. IE may be the same now but I haven't used it in awhile.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
I'm still having some troubles here at Camp Creek... mostly seems to be an intermittent signal; everything will be working fine, then it all freezes and links/new pages won't open, then a couple minutes later it is fine again. Seems to be happening several times an hour. Resetting modem & router and restarting computer doesn't help.