• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I have a confession to make. I was having a little stress moment before hitting the Bay Elementary carpool line, and it made me weak, so I stopped in the new Blue Mountain Beach Creamery at the corner of 83 and 30A. :lol:

Expresso ice cream. Possibly the best I have ever had- the texture was perfect- you know, firm enough that you have to tug it off the spoon with your mouth. Perfect creamy expresso flavor. I normally don't crave ice cream, but I will be craving this.

They had mostly frozen yogurt today, and I tried the pineapple/orange, which was so refreshing and tasted like real fruit, but I had my heart set on ice cream. There were lots of fruit flavors and a crazy one made with Poptarts.

Opening an ice cream business at the start of the fall is gutsy, and I admire these people! Instead of buying ice cream at the grocery, it will be great to buy fresh made-on-the-premises ice creams, frozen yogurts, and sorbets.

It's gonna be a hot week- give this place a try!

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
I can't wait to come back next summer and give it a try. I hardly ever buy ice cream at the grocery store. Then we all just sit around eating it. Not very good for the hips. But to stop in a fun shop and get some every so often makes it more special and fun.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I'll give it a whirl in October. I don't usually go for ice cream much, but the espresso does sound good. Maybe it'll help with the hot flashes. :wave:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I have a confession to make. I was having a little stress moment before hitting the Bay Elementary carpool line, and it made me weak, so I stopped in the new Blue Mountain Beach Creamery at the corner of 83 and 30A. :lol:

Expresso ice cream. Possibly the best I have ever had- the texture was perfect- you know, firm enough that you have to tug it off the spoon with your mouth. Perfect creamy expresso flavor. I normally don't crave ice cream, but I will be craving this.

They had mostly frozen yogurt today, and I tried the pineapple/orange, which was so refreshing and tasted like real fruit, but I had my heart set on ice cream. There were lots of fruit flavors and a crazy one made with Poptarts.

Opening an ice cream business at the start of the fall is gutsy, and I admire these people! Instead of buying ice cream at the grocery, it will be great to buy fresh made-on-the-premises ice creams, frozen yogurts, and sorbets.

It's gonna be a hot week- give this place a try!

Perhaps they've opened just in time to service that oh-so-special niche that starts up this time of year, every year, for 9 months:

catering to Car Pool Stress :D

I can't imagine enduring that scene 2X every day. Hats off to all you parents out there!

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
i was shocked to see them open a few weeks ago. hope its not another kens who was right acorss the street almost

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
I tried the ice cream last night and it was good. But i have to say i was shocked to pay $4 for a very small cup of ice cream.To be honest i almost walked out but the kids wanted ice cream. The large cup which wasn't even that big was $6. They had no cones either .Heck seaside ice cream shop is the same price with much more ice cream.As i said good product but pricing is way out of whack for blue mountain.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
I agree! Handmade by the proprietors and super delicious!:clap: This will be a regular stop for the cowboy and myself.